Roll Call: Virginia

I couldn’t resist. Had to jump in on this fun as well. Thanks for setting it up!

1 Like

@Smidler what’s your opinion of GH? I really like the Gold but don’t care for the green as much. And love the idea of spotswood. Thinking about joining there

Never played Green. I have only played Gold twice, and those were USGA fourball practice rounds. (I was caddying the fourball, my handicap is too high by a factor of ten to qualify to play.) I was playing it with an eye to strategy and scoring for better players, so I don’t know that I really thought much about my own enjoyment.

It was a good time though. I remember that 15 is the longest par 5 I have ever birdied. Maxed out drive, solid 3w and a full 8i to make that green.

Spotswood looks super fun.

I’d like that! I am in Williamsburg/ RVA area and would like to get up with others. Let me know if this comes to fruition.

Happy to host at Kingsmill!

1 Like

There’s a post just a few up with the link. Hop in!

Typical noob move on my part. Thanks and looking forward to getting out with other!

Dang. Should have connected sooner back when I had membership there.

Depending on the rain situation, I’m getting a lesson at Kingsmill on Saturday from 10-12. Would love to play afterwards if you’re interested!

Huge shout out to @Zeke for hosting today at Lakeside Park Club. LPC was a course I always wanted to get on, so it was great to see this Ross gem in person where in the past I had always seen it from across the street! It was great to see the hardest first 4 holes of golf in Richmond. Could not have asked for a better post round show; it felt like 2019 hanging out on the patio!

2 Likes

The patio was something else today. It sounds like a joke but that’s what happens when a lawyer, a brain surgeon and a minister show up in the same place. Ha!

1 Like

This is a decent deal for these courses. Basically $30 / round M-F or after noon on S-S. Even if you don’t use any of the other discounts, that is a pretty good deal.

If anyone jumps on this, let me know. I belong to a club, but if some other Refugees want to grab these get out there together, I am game.

1 Like

Do you know what NOVA courses they are affiliated with?

I’m two hours from RNK but would easily save a bunch with this card with the drive. I played RNK this summer for $75.

I was curious in this exact thing so I looked into it. They’re talking about South Riding and Pleasant Valley.

If that is the case the PV and SR card was $250 for 5 rounds now it’s 3.

And it’s on sale for a whopping 0.00% savings!!!

Damn I had RNK on my must play 2021 list but for that price it might be must play 6x list

4 Likes

I believe that the card is 3 free at each spot. So the other three at RNK would just be at a discount.

1 Like

If we can get ever get back to doing business like it was 2019 again I can get back to covering all of VA/NC/DMV this would be stellar.

Also, prayers for minor league baseball to come back to Salem VA. The agreement we had with RCC and Hanging rock for free golf for players/employees of the carolina league was cake too and I miss not having 3 clubs to pop into. (end my entitled ass crying)

2 Likes

Viniterra is pretty dope too…

Got an email from the GM at Viniterra. Deadline to purchase this card is 12/31. If anyone is buying this, let me know. I am likely but not certain at this point, but others getting on board might push me over the edge.

2 Likes