Roll Call: Virginia

I still haven’t quite figured out why my course and other area courses in Tidewater don’t use Bermuda when it’s been working in the Richmond area and we have a warmer climate here…

1 Like

Seems like the biggest benefit I’ve noticed is the Bermuda courses have much firmer greens with sand bases that are less likely to get ruined by folks not fixing ball marks.

1 Like

We’re on the line. Hot years bermuda is better but cooler years bent is better. I like bent better for playing if its head to head at peak though. Doesnt matter we’re in the gray area for both of them and get shit on either way.

I will be enjoying the bent for the couple of cool weather months we are entering now, but man they need so much water like 6-7 months out of the year down here that they’re perpetually pillow-soft and I find myself fixing like 4-5 ball marks per green each time I play

1 Like

yeah yall are are a bit hotter and more humid down that way usually too

Don’t know if there would be any interest in this, but in light of recent events, might be worth getting a Virginia WhatsApp message going so people can continue to play with each other even after the Nest thing hits in 2021. Just joined the Carolinas one and it’s awesome to see the people on there organizing rounds almost daily.

2 Likes

We organized one in the DC/DMV thread that I think should include the Virginia (and POSSIBLY even the Maryland guis). Join up!

2 Likes

I’m down here in BFE like “just glad we have internet again today”

1 Like

@nickp I’m with you. I think that we need a WhatApp thread. I feel like DMV is too big of an area for one chat. It’s just not practical for setting up tee times, connecting with others, etc.

The question to me is, start a VA one or a greater RVA one? I am in the NC RADCG and the Charlotte refugees thread and I am glad for both.

1 Like

A thread for the full state seems extreme…

1 Like

you mean you don’t wanna hear it every time I need a 4th for sunday at 1?

If you give me 5 hours of notice I can get there from VB :upside_down_face:

RVA Whatsapp Link is here:

@NickP I already added you (I had to add someone to create the group)

@SammyShaf @Andrewo @Scott.b consider this your formal invite. Anyone else is welcome. Feel free to share with like minded golf nerds who may not be on the Refuge.

2 Likes

I threw this logo together quickly for the WhatsApp. Now I kind of want to clean it up and make stickers.

12 Likes

That is slick. Williamsburg resident here. Not quite RVA. Can I join the cool kids?

Get in that WhatsApp. That way I can hit you up when I head down to the Golden Horseshoe and Kingsmill.

2 Likes

Logo is SICK!!!

1 Like

I just joined for that reason. I’m in Virginia Beach, but will travel to Williamsburg area or even Richmond area for a good game. Thanks for creating the group and the logo

1 Like

My poosh cart has room for a few more stickers yes

Just joined. Thanks for putting this together.