Roll Call: Virginia

I’m thinking of heading out to Schoolhouse Nine tomorrow. Shooting to tee off at noon. Welcoming anyone who wants to join

Have we discussed this yet?

Anyone got $19.5M laying around?

A silver lining of COVID is that I don’t have to travel much during the holidays this year. If you want to get out around Richmond hit me up. I am a member at the Federal Club, but am open to options if you want to play elsewhere.

If we twist his arm, @SammyShaf might join as well.

3 Likes

Girlfriend and I are playing at 9:50 at Stonehouse tomorrow morning if anyone is interested in joining. It’s her first round at an 18-hole course but we play fast since she tees up from the fairway half the time.

3 Likes

@Andrewo I got out to the River Course at your place today. Fastest greens in Virginia right now, and it’s not even close. Member I played with degreened himself more than once. Loved it.

1 Like

Oh, and Bram, I know you are lurking in here. Create a user and #getinvolved.

I feel ugly just picturing myself in proximity to @RobertHunter and his girl, and I have no idea what she looks like.

2 Likes

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it! I love the River and the greens are always on point.

I had a great day at the cascades today, despite the aerated greens (which were awful), but nonetheless, great day. I walked 18 (amazing walk) and then re-looped 13-18 without putting out. Can’t wait to get back out here when the greens are true.

hahaha well obviously if you ask me I’m gonna say she’s gorgeous, but if I didn’t hang out with anyone who I think is more attractive than I am then I wouldn’t have a very busy social calendar

Tyler Day is a close friend of mine. He is the super there so I had a chance to see the course. That place is pure.

2 Likes

Fact! It will be entirely too much fun wherever we tee them up!

Looking in my offshore accounts now but don’t think there is enough there.
Thinks we can negotiate it down?

1 Like

I really hope this warmth keeps up all year, hunting season been really slow and hot, so I’m due for a payback and getting to get lots of moneys worth in this winter.

Just want to say that Stonehouse is awesome even if the greens are in a bad way right now (the Bermuda didn’t take, so they had to overseed with bent for the winter). Also, it has the best forward tee setup I’ve seen at a big ballpark style course. I played at 7100 and my girlfriend played at 4000. Awesome for her to get an actual set of tees on every hole, especially considering how many forced carries are out there.

was it busy out there or pretty dead?

dead-ish. a handful of threesomes and saw another couple, but it was wide open behind us on a saturday at 10am

I hope that place survives…

I think they’ll be good. It sucks that they planted the bermuda too late for it to get settled in by winter, but the course is still playing/looking great and their tee sheet was much more full on Sunday for some reason. I think the good weather snuck up on folks.

1 Like

Hope they give it another go with the bermuda in the spring and it takes next summer…

2 Likes

That’s the plan, as I understand. The bermuda works great at RNK, so no reason it shouldn’t do the same 20 miles down the road.

2 Likes