Roll Call: Virginia

someone in the Charlottesville area do @raleighdawg a solid and get him on @ Farmington, for crying out loud!

I have not seen/played Birdwood since the work has been done and it reopened for play, so can’t speak on that one. Old Trail is cool and is about 20 min from Boar’s Head and @LPondgolf recommended Greene Hills on this thread once before (about 35 min). People also like Spring Creek which is 25-30 min away from Boar’s Head.

2 Likes

i just played Creighton farms, Jack Nicklaus course, kicked my ass.

So fucking nice tho. the greens are wild so much sand.

3 Likes

going to email my course this morning for some dates in late march hopefully…trying to host an event, probably 32 spots, would like to shape this in a way to have the VA guys vs the NC Guys in a little border war, and then a individual medal play as well. Wanted to gauge interest. Course would be 10 mins off 81. Roughly 3 from NOVA, 3 from Richmond. Easy in and out. Cost would be in the 60-75 range-ish. Thoughts?

9 Likes

you know im in…VA doesnt want this smoke though

buddy of mine played Trump National yesterday and sent some pics/video…sweet jesus that place looks incredicle

3 Likes

Would be very interested

1 Like

friend of mine is (sheepishly) a member. Have played it once when visiting - they have a Championship course and another course and in the winter, which is when we played, they make a composite course. Was definitely dope AF

yeah championship and river course…

they played the championship course yesterday from the way back tees which looks to be stupid long…crazy piece of property though, said he was probably the nicest course hes ever played

It is awesome and I can’t wait to get out there again next time I’m up that way visiting

1 Like

can’t make it this weekend as i’m on another golf trip, but played 2 weekends ago and it was in great shape.

enjoy the weekend- We had a forecaddie arrange transfusions every other teebox (or so it seemed) and that put a hurting on me during our 2nd round.

1 Like

So in that it’s like I’m already there. I’m fer sure calling out @ColoniusFunk and @CrucialTaunt on the NC v VA throwdown

4 Likes

Well howdy… Ok, in. Sign me up.

2 Likes

Sweet have emailed the course to see what the options and dates look like. We’ll see if they are willing to come off the course all day but I doubt it on a spring weekend.

Back again and looking for Charlottesville food recs.

Probably 1 nicer dinner and two more casual dinners, as well as a few lunch spots and breakfast place or two. We’re not super picky eaters.

Also, any breweries we should hit?

My brother is a resident so I’ll get back to you once I talk to him and edit the post. I’ll give you some starters. Sadly some of them have closed since I graduated.

Breakfast - Bodo’s Bagels, Ace Biscuit
Lunch - Wayside Chicken, Riverside Lunch, La Michoacana, Jack Brown
Dinner -
For breweries, Starr Hill is in town on the downtown mall. You could do lunch and brewery or brewery then dinner with that one. Blue Mountain is a good spot at the base of Wintergreen and I think there is a distillery close by.

Big fan of ivy provisions for lunch

1 Like

Saw Ivy Provisions and looked cool, looks like they just reopened but for takeout only.

I’m not seeing Starr Hill around there - website says that location is opening soon? Maybe that’s changed?

It’s a deli/counter service kinda place anyways so it’s worth it for lunch to go imo. Starr hill and the other breweries are pretty far west from downtown. I think they’re technically in Crozet, VA. Blue Mountain brewery, bold rock cider and devils backbone are all out at the same exit basically

I’m in. No question.

If I can only play one course on a trip to the homestead which one do I want to play?