Roll Call: Virginia

who is around lynchburg?

meeting the fam there on sunday for lunch for ma dukes bday…need a restaurant suggestion

how nice?

ma dukes 70th birthday lunch nice

she deserves a better town for that bro.

3 Likes

I hear lots of good about CH. I have been playing at Kingsmill and enjoy the treat of Golden Horseshoe.

1 Like

its the half way point, grow up

https://www.ploughcrofttearoom.com/

my own ma dukes suggested this

i saw that and it looked cool, but the menu is super limited and basically finger food snacks to enjoy while drinking tea and they are closed sundays

main st eatery used to be my jam but I googled it and it closed. No wonder I don’t go out to the shitburg very often.

lynchburg actually has what appears to be some pretty solid options…not all are open on sundays which is unfortunate but figured id ask here and get a locals suggestion

do we have anyone on here that plays outa Lynchburg?

If you’re out there and wanna meet me at Ivy Hill holler

I’d skip Augustine, but Mattaponi springs I’d say would be the choice, place is awesome.

1 Like

Also, I know many places haven’t been treated well with the weather this summer but I just got back from a round at Pleasant Valley in Chantilly… 10/10 would SKIP for a while. They’ve been absolutely punished by the weather. Some tee boxes and greens were so bad, so so bad.

Mattaponi Springs is good, or at least was 5 years ago when I played it. Also, it was only about $35 when I played.

This may sound idiotic, but what if you put a hoverboard or something similar on your push cart and used it to commute between holes at RNK?

Issue is Sunday and Covid.

William & Henry
Skyline
Water Dog
El Jefe - taco
RA Bistro
Isabellas
Benjamins
Shoemakers
My Dog Duke
Bootleggers - burgers
Iron & Ale - not sure if doing brunch again

1 Like

Yeah a little those are the list are ones we check our but are closed on Sunday.

I’ll add my support for Mattaponi Springs. Played last year…fun layout, tough greens, great condition, and inexpensive for Northern VA. I also played solo during the week and got around in about 3:15, which was also awesome.

1 Like

Still haven’t ever made it out to Ocean View (he says, sheepishly), but am curious - do they REALLY have bermuda greens? All the bent greens around here have had about enough heat and water and I’m wondering what the putting surfaces are looking like out at OV with these conditions…

They’ve been rough and shaggy every time I’ve been, so don’t get your hopes up either way but I think so

Every course will be drenched for a while but does anyone in the Northern Virginia area have interest in playing a round Sunday?