Roll Call: Virginia

Agreed, lakes course is way more open and mostly more forgiving. I prefer the Oaks course though.

Pace of play isn’t great but both courses are fun layouts. Get able par 5s and some shorter 4s.

1 Like

Looking to see how other members rate these courses below that are playable by the public.Pick your top three course for the poll please.

• Blue Mash
  • Bull Run
  • Laurel Hill
  • Raspberry Falls
  • Stonewall
  • Westfields
  • Whiskey Creek

0 voters

I seem to suck ass there every time, but I have a great ass memory from each time too. So its a trade off for sure, but always play there when I’m in town.

Thanks for your insights. With how hot it was yesterday, the course wasn’t as packed as expected. We got around in 3.5 hours.

I brought out the new pushcart and found it to be very walkable, but after 14 holes of 100°+ I hopped on a cart. I liked the course. Was definitely wide open. I’ve never lost so few balls and it was my best round (scorewise) in about a year.

1 Like

It is a great course to score well for sure. And 3.5 hours is great, I’ve played it a few times and it’s been right around 4:10 each time. I’m glad you were able to shave a little time off in that heat!

How hot is officially too hot to consider playing golf? Currently in Virginia Beach: Temperature = 97, “Fees like” 108

I’m going to play tomorrow around 4, but its also about 7-8 degrees cooler here on the mountain and less humid.

Currently 97 and feels like 102 here

highly recommend…

3 Likes

These next few days are going to be brutal. I’m supposed to play in an outing on Friday but it will just be a cool 89 and rainy. Can’t wait :expressionless:

1 Like

Had to cancel reservations at Landsdowne for sat 8/8 so was wondering if anyone in here was willing to host myself and buddy at your club that Sat am?

We obviously can change to a public course, but we were excited to play a private course that day.

yall see this at 1757?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/24/dc-united-legend-jaime-moreno-might-lose-eye-after-golfing-accident/

1 Like

shoulda took a drop imo

Used to think I had to play everything down until I realized that I am not on tour and my score does not matter to anyone(including myself most rounds).

2 Likes

Yeah unless its literally a club event or for money, I’m never putting myself or my equipment in a scenario where it should or could easily get damaged or hurt myself in the process. This is fun. And he may have even been entitled to a free drop based on his stance.

2 Likes

For the refuge/Hidden Creek members- played 18 at the Creek this morning with the old man. Cruised around in 3 hours 30 mins, even with waiting a lot on a slow three some in front of us (who also loved driving right up to the green with their carts). The course was also in great shape outside of a few bunkers/burned out areas. My dad is 70 and made it onto the par 5 11th hole in two. He was so pumped. Helps when the geezer tees are way up!

I was very impressed with how pure the place is right now.

5 Likes

I got to play the RTJ course at Lansdowne on Sunday, and it was in very nice shape as well. Those Zoysia fairways just love the hot weather we’ve been having.

these little 15 minute rains once a week are not leaving things too hot down here. Every fairway I’ve seen in the last two weeks minus Old white tpc was starting to brown. Maybe this week it’ll get a bit better.

1 Like

Its been in great shape. I played Sunday morning before a big men’s scramble, they had the Par 4 13 (normally a shortish par 4, plays around 350-375) playing WAYYYY up at the womens tee’s, 245 carry. Definitely played fun.

1 Like

Also, any of you guys play any of the VSGA events? I’ve never played in them before but wanted to try to get a little more competitive. I’ve signed up for the Westfields event, Reston Natty event and 1757 event.

don’t forget, brown is beautiful…

1 Like