Roll Call: Virginia

Nah I sure haven’t. But man I would most certainly play there over a trip to top golf any day. Once they put that thing in down there we started wasting friday night over there, and while its cool, its not worth $100 for 2 hours and a few beers.

1 Like

Anyone in northern VA interested in a quick/easy stableford tournament saturday morning at Jefferson District? I’ve got an 11:09 two some at $35/player.

I might have someone lined up, but everyone i’ve reached out to seems to be busy then.

Yeah we did! one of my faves in the area

Great times… plenty of great, okay, and bad rounds :joy: Was an AWESOME spot for regionals senior year.

1 Like

Got 3 openings for Sunday 7/19 am Players course at Bryan Park in Greensboro if anyone is interested. Also playing Champions course in the afternoon, 8 spots available.Times are 8:50, 9:00, 9:10; 2:15, 2:25, 2:35.

Blue Ridge Shadows in Front Royal yesterday.
#1 tee

Looking back at #10

#18 approach

6 Likes

Jefferson district can be played quickly? every time i have been out there ive waited +/- 15 minutes per shot

Ha, I guess that was just a figure out speech. Although, I have played there a good amount in the evenings lately (630~) and I haven’t exceeded a two hour round, which isn’t good but is essentially on pace for local tracks.

1 Like

its always fun to drive the par 4 7th (? I think) with a 4 iron

1 Like

#6 usually plays 250~. That’s a fun hole, I especially enjoy the par 5 right before it. Usually driver + 8i over the trees for a hopeful eagle putt.

1 Like

I’ve been there a few times early in the morning before work. Everyone I’ve played with has warned me against ever playing there on a weekend, so I’ve never actually done it. I’ve thought about trying to get out in the evenings a few times, under 2 hours is better than I would’ve expected.

I enjoy that course, although there are some tee shots on the back 9 that make your butthole pucker if you’re not hitting it well. Also #10 is impossible to stop a long iron on the green if you’re playing the further tees. Hell of a value though for the condition of the course. I’ve made the drive there then to SH9 a few times, makes for a solid day of golf

1 Like

Yeah I will say I’ve never played on the weekend unless it’s a Sunday late round and the course is usually slower by then.

Jefferson in early AM during the week has been amazing for me. 630 tee times, home by 825. 90 minutes for 9 holes. I really like that course for what it is.

Weekends might be different though.

I was at the range at Oak Marr early today and looking at the 1st 2 holes I’d guess the 7 AM group wasn’t going to finish by 9. Maybe different crowds between weekdays and weekends.

1 Like

Yeah, I have no hate on Jefferson. I have seen people out there with their kids learning the game and I think it is awesome for what it is. Same with Oak Marr; I just have no expectations of it being “quick”

1 Like

Speaking of all of these Fairfax County courses, I got talked into playing Twin Lakes (Lakes) tomorrow. Anything I should know?

Played with a guy once who hit putter off the tee on #7 the par 3 to 10 feet from the pin.

The Lakes course is more open and forgiving compared to the Oaks at TL. Sure there will some waiting as it gets crowed there so expect 4-5 hours. It is very walker friendly. #11 a par 3 has my number a lot of trouble to hit over to small green. Enjoy your round hope this is helpful.

1 Like

The first time I ever broke 90 was at Ocean View, and I shot 85. Coincidentally, I broke 100 for the first about 5 or 6 weeks earlier.
Needless to say, I thought I had cracked the code on golf, haha.

2 Likes

Not sure how much of what’s currently there goes back to his original design and it’s definitely not the turtle-back green style Ross, but def a cool little course