Roll Call: Virginia

Needed this whole week of rain something BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD down here, praise the golf gods

A story from Prince William:

Nice, easy Sunday round, good pace. Except the gentleman behind us… Who insisted on teeing off into us and hitting his approach while we putted… There was an older couple playing in front of us so it wasn’t like we were dragging ass, we finished in under 4…

So on 11 we let him by, knowing he wasn’t going to be able to meet his goal of a pace. The guy starts playing with the couple in front without asking; they were playing senior/ladies tees an he would tee of from the tips after they hit… wut.

WELL, come around to 16, and the questions regarding his speed are quickly answered. We roll up to hit our approaches, and the man is SQUATTING behind a tree (not in the woods, but off the green) letting out the demons, and a lot of them… big ole nasty dump stinking up 16 green/17 tee… There was a plethora of woods to the right and he chose the cluster of 3 trees 10 yards from the green… I mean I understand when nature calls, but it was shocking how casual he seemed out in the open…

AND To make the story worse, I pulled my approach on the dump hole and it landed in his cart and he took off with said TM Soft Response in tow… I’m not mad but wow. Double-Double-Double to finish the day, guy totally got in my head.

3 Likes

he shit all over your round dude

7 Likes

If a guy hits an approach on the green while you are putting, you are allowed to hit his ball anywhere you want and also tell him to F off… thats in the Geneva Convention

8 Likes

first time I’d probs be shocked. And stand there dumbfounded.
2nd time I’d be ready to pull that conceal carry out

4 Likes

you get 1 time as an accident, with a profuse apology and it must be blind… if you just straight up hit into me while I am on the green, its game over. the idea that it could happen twice in a round is honestly incredible to me.

2 Likes

I’m gonna go gun first though, simply because Im assuming anyone with balls enough to do that more than once probably knows how to fight.

1 Like

probably knows how to kill… this is the same as someone driving down the wrong side of the road to me, it should be illegal and you should be able to call a cop.

1 Like

He was hitting worm burners so you saw it coming a mile away but wow. Also, he drove his cart up right next to the green, likely why I hit my ball into his cart WHILE HE WAS TAKING A SHIT 10 YARDS AWAY

1 Like

Hope you told the Starter or clubhouse. You have to pay first online to book your time time, so they should know who he is and ban him. If he has a membership he should be kicked out. The 16th there is a dogleg to the right plenty of woods to go relieve himself. Too bad your wayward approach didn’t hit his ass!

1 Like

Listen, completely agree. However, my playing partner missed a fore call a month ago and plunked a guy a treeline over. Karma works in mysterious ways.

Maybe I misunderstood your description, but this is different than missing a fore call, this guy willfully endangered you every single hole hitting into you, after SEEING you, and then physically shit on the course within smellshot of a green. This is a lifetime ban worthy offense.

4 Likes

What’s 1757 like?

Playing there for the first time on Sat

It’s a little funky. A lot of dog legs and tee shots that you could go driver but probably shouldn’t. Your first time out will be a big learning experience regarding where you can miss and where you can’t. Some water but not a ton. I’d suggest taking a look at the scorecard thoroughly before heading out. A lot of fun holes and a few holes where they clearly needed another 20 acres to fully build out the course. That being said, I do enjoy playing out there, but pace of play can be pretty bad too.

Hey Guise, I’ll be int he DMV for a few weeks in late August/Early Sept. looking to play a few tracks while I’m down there. Saw the poll from a few weeks ago, Whiskey Creek looks awesome. Any other recommendations south of DC?

thanks in advance!

how far south? An hour gives you some good options, a couple hours gives you some great options and golf gets cheaper further south too

Folks split time between Ashland/Reedville, I’ve played a bunch around Richmond growing up. I’ll be in Rockville/DC for most of the week. Was looking for something halfway in between. Nothing in the 757.

Spring Creek would be one I’d put on my list if you can

1 Like
1 Like

Depends how far you’d like to drive for VA courses. Reasonably close to DC for VA I’d say Westfields. In Maryland, definitely Whiskey Creek, PB Dye, or Falls Road. The DC tracks are cheap and easy, but don’t expect anything to write home about unless you’re fascinated by presidential helicopters and military helicopters flying over a bunch.

2 Likes