Roll Call: Virginia

if you wanna meet up over at Ivy Hill in Forest sometime I can most certainly do that, I’m out of Roanoke but my membership allows play at Ivy Hill

1 Like

Also I’m considering a spring small meet up event, maybe 16 guys, waiting on @SammyShaf to tell me when he can come

1 Like

Im in Amherst, but work in Lynchburg. I love to get out to Falling River in Appomattox.

1 Like

My only constraints so far are 5/13,5/18-20 .

1 Like

Am a member out at Falling River. Happy to have anyone out who’d like to play!

2 Likes

meet up meet up meet up !

2 Likes

Hi VA - Current OH resident via MD here.

Taking a buddies trip in April to Williamsburg, seeking bar/restaurant recommendations, if you’ve got any thoughts to share, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Fingers crossed for good weather to get 72 holes in over 3 days, so not looking to rage, but open to options

Let me know about this!

Scotts edition in Richmond would be the move for dinner/beer

1 Like

Williamsburg is so bad that someone would have to drive to Richmond for dinner and beers?

2 Likes

I used to live right by Colonial Williamsburg. Berrets is a solid place for dinner - nice but still casual and Precarious Beer Project is a nice little bar hall.

3 Likes

What courses are you playing?

colonial heritage NY deli & Aleworks
Kingsmill - shorties for breakfast (always plays)
-VBC & food truck
Golden Horseshoe
-at club smoked chicken salad wrap
-precarious is good. But if you want food go a bit further to amber ox.

Royal New Kent
Ventura
Stonehouse
- nothing is too close.

Just go to Colonial Williamsburg and walk down dog street one night
- Dog Street Pub

3 Likes

Well, no. But if it’s after 8. You start running out of options.

1 Like

Dog street pub and Precarious were going to be my two recommendations. I liked both.

1 Like

Which direction? I lived just east of CW (Grove Ave) for a few years. I liked it a lot, great place to spend a a little time, probably not somewhere I could’ve stayed forever.

I’ll add The Cheese Shop for a sandwich and make sure to get house dressing on it. If you want some great Chinese food, I’d recommend Peter Chang’s. I’ve had almost the entire menu and it is excellent but probably a night ender.

2 Likes

I just learned the brass cannon brewery had to close. Sad times

Make time for aleworks brewery.

Aberdeen barn is my fav restaurant in Williamsburg.

I lived south-west in a neighborhood called holly hills. It was just off jamestown road. About 5 minutes from downtown Williamsburg.

1 Like

During Covid they had to stop Making sandwiches. It was rough!

I only omitted the cheese shop because I assumed a tight itinerary and it’s hard to get to. Unless you’re coming from the shoe. But so good. Get the dressing to go!

Personally, Peter Chang’s has been a disappointment for the past 2.5 years…

You dare malign the gas station Dairy Queen?! 18 at RNK + Blizzard is peak.

4 Likes