Roll Call: Virginia

It’s based on an old sheet the had in the pro shop years ago. I scanned/OCRed it, and made some modifications (and fixed the egregious typos and grammar).

3 Likes

They still give one out.

1 Like

saved me 4-5 shots the first time through

2 Likes

I’m going to be in the area Wed-Sat for the holiday… weather not looking great, but if it improves I’d love to get in a round somewhere

1 Like

The Richmond Refugees are planning our 2023 hijinx. #GetInvolved

6 Likes

Happy New Year, Y’all!

I have been following NLU for years, but new to the Nest. My wife finally got the hint and gave me a membership for Christmas this year. I believe I’m in the WhatsApp group but excited to finally #getinvolved.

I’m a member at Belmont in Richmond, but I don’t play nearly enough right now, between work, Army reserve commitments, and the birth of my first kiddo last summer. Hoping I can carve out more time this year (possibly wishful thinking).

11 Likes

Congrats on the baby & thanks for splitting time serving! Shoutout to your wife & her gift. I was just saying to @IlliniGolferHack that Belmont is so cool with little Bell & the big bell (?) 12 holes. Hope to link up & play when I can get down…happy 2023!

4 Likes

I just read about the TGJ event at Belmont after you mentioned it today. Looks like an awesome place!! Can’t wait to get out there and see it

3 Likes

I don’t know if there is a better place of this, but I just wanted to drop a note and say hi! I’ve been a big NLU fan/follower since pretty much the start and I finally decided to pull the trigger on a Nest membership. I’m excited to be here and dive into the community.

I live in Richmond and am a member at Lakeside Park Club just across the street from Belmont. I’m about as golf obsessed as anyone can be and love getting out and playing as much as I can. I’m a Hokie (graduated in 2013) and originally grew up in the Staunton, VA area.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Cheers!!

13 Likes

Welcome! Also check out the Richmond thread too. We have some 2023 events/meetups we are cooking/marinating on right now.

4 Likes

Can testify that Belmont is legit!

1 Like

save the date July 22 Pete Dye River course for 3rd annual 3BR. Since this is behind a paywall my plan this year is to give the funds to Roger to help sponsor him on the adaptive tour. Going to surprise him post round on the patio.

13 Likes

New to the Nest–Christmas present from me to me. Richmond golfer–member at Lakeside Park Club (formerly Jefferson Lakeside CC)

6 Likes

I was just talking about how awesome Lakeside Park Club is and boom boom on this thread two members chiming in…happy to drive down from Alexandria and play a round with a pub sub on the line! Although Richmond has some balling bbq in town!

3 Likes

Richmond needs to host an annual event already

7 Likes

And we have been Member/Member partners. In fact me and @RVA_Hokie aka the Cross Handed Bandit played together on Sunday.

2 Likes

That was a great time, and Belmont is our spiritual home. Be sure to #GetInvolved.

2 Likes

Working on it, I do believe.

3 Likes

I found a place with Beales on draft here in Richmondfor when you make it down to the Richmond event!

2 Likes

Another new Nest member who has been following NLU for almost 2 years but couldn’t resist joining the nest to get the scoop on the switch to Team Titleist.

I live near Harrisonburg and am a recent member at Lakeview. I’m hoping to make one of the local events this summer, but a wife and kids pushes most of my golf time into work hours where I have a reasonably flexible schedule. Due to traveling for work (within 1-2 hrs), I have been able to play a variety of courses over the last 2 years but plan to focus on playing my local track and practicing more this year in an attempt to lower my scores.

11 Likes