Roll Call: Virginia

A few of us from northern Virginia are playing blue ridge shadows Saturday morning at 10:30. We have 1 spot available. Would anyone else on here be interested in joining? We’re friendly and you get to watch @Mizzy4life throw darts all day.

4 Likes

Hello! I’ve been a NLU fan for a few years now, mostly their youtube/podcast space. Today is the day I decided to take it a step further and get more involved! I’m new to Virginia as of last year and looking to meet more people in the area to play some golf with. I live in Wayesboro which is about 25 minutes west of Charlottesville off 64.

Anyone close?

Also, I definitely want to play in an event or two next year so I’d love to hear about anything in the works for 2023!

10 Likes

Im also new to this community, I live in NOVA and would love to play in some of the local roost events if there are any!

8 Likes

Welcome both! @acann22 there’s also a Washington DC / DMV roll call thread, might wanna hop in there as well if you’re close to the district.

6 Likes

I’m outa Roanoke area and play that way a few times a year. Our local event is in blacksburg on july 23 2023, add to the calendar now

2 Likes

I live in Staunton so really close. Member at Ironwood we should set up a time to go out and play

2 Likes

This is THE Event of the year!!!

3 Likes

Yea I’ve played ironwood a few times now! I’m a member at Orchard Creek (formerly Waynesboro CC) I’m free to play most weekends and any mondays so just let me know!

2 Likes

yo max said something about hollering at you to set up a match come spring btw

1 Like

Hell yeah we can set something up in Roanoke

1 Like

Live just north of Cville, happy to host at Birdwood or Greene Hills. Know a few other refugees close by as well. Great group in Richmond led by @Smidler as well

1 Like

Looks like I’m going to be in the area this weekend so I’m trying to get my pro to make me a time @ Keswick Saturday… anyone game to join?

1 Like

I would be down for Keswick! I’d prefer morning tee time but I’m free all day so whenever works for me.

1 Like

Coming to town this weekend for a wedding- thanks to your recommendations I’m playing Belmont and Royal New Kent! Thanks!

3 Likes

If you want to #GetInvolved with what’s going on in RVA, keep an eye on our thread and join the WhatsApp chat.

I live in C’ville and am a member at Keswick. Happy to host there whenever or link up to play elsewhere in the area!

6 Likes

There is one spot left at RNK at 9:30 on Saturday. Playing with my dad and an internet rando. AWouldn’t mind meeting a fellow refugee from out there, and selfishly wouldn’t mind playing with someone who probably has a little more course knowledge than I do. Available on the course website… anybody want to come out and meet a Chicago refugee?

3 Likes

its going to be ass cold here for locals this weekend lol

1 Like

Unfortunately I can’t join you Saturday, but I can offer this:

4 Likes

Wow, thank you so much! Did you just type this up for me or did you already have it?

Also, I appreciate that the guide accommodates mortals like myself by using the white tees as the reference lol.