Roll Call: Virginia

@country35 nice!

Ooo those both sound great! We are indeed around for lunch.

The most random thought: I’m shocked at how much Edgar Allen Poe seems to show up in places I’ve traveled lately lol.

If you’re downtown for dinner, plenty of options at the Downtown Mall. I recommend Champion Brewing if you like beer. Lampo Pizza is right across the street and one of the top restaurants in the town.

1 Like

Pohick Bay is one I haven’t heard of. I’ll have to look into that.
I have westfields on the agenda right now heads great things.
Sounds like Laurel Hill is gonna have to happen too.

2 Likes

@Tristar three notch’d is the only place to go downtown(ish) for beer. Champions fine as well…hell why not do both

2 Likes

I’ll support this but not your 1st sentiment. Three Notch’d is fine, but Champion’s beer blows them out of the water.

Agree to disagree, the Biggie Smores Stout at 3 Notch’d is the goat

Sneaky and closer to Harrisonburg than Cville, but Elkton Brewing company in Elkton is the best beer Ive had in the state. The Mercky Water is 10/10. Ill try and remember to bring some to the NIT for you

As a not dark beer drinker, Three Notch’d also does a great job with their Goses

3 Likes

Do not, I repeat do not, drink the Biggie S’mores stout if you got shit to do. That beer is a day ender.

1 Like

I have only played a few courses up around the DC area. If I had to make comps to courses here in Hampton Roads:

• Pohick Bay would be like Stumpy Lake but with more elevation change
  • Stonewall would be similar to Heron Ridge/VB National but better (although I only got to see 12 holes)
1 Like

I love Dogwood Trace, but it was in rough shape when we played it in the spring. Can’t say if they’ve gotten it into better shape.

Indy is pretty spendy, but it’s mint right now.

We RVA Refugees are digging Belmont.

Spring Creek out near C’ville is a must play.

I’m a big fan of Mattaponi Springs.

If you’re going to swing through Richmond, let us know

3 Likes

I’ve heard Dogwood is in good shape recently. I’m not sure if this is during the week or weekend but if it is weekend you can expect some slow pace of play unless you are off early. I’d also recommend stopping at Kings BBQ if you make it to Dogwood.

I’ll second playing Spring Creek. It is a fun track and an all bent facility so conditions should be much better than some of the Bermuda in the Richmond area. You can also check in the RVA thread. There are a few members who might host you at their club.

1 Like

That’s good to hear. In the spring the grass was pretty patchy.

My wife is fanatical about King’s. It’s a big part of her childhood. We meet her parents there a few times a year. I’m hearing Saucy’s is strong as well, but we haven’t made it there yet.

1 Like

@⁨Corey Walsh (Cwalsh27)⁩ created this spreadsheet. I added a page for VA and DC After listening to the pod today it seem more than likely we will all be put together in one Roost. At least with this one document we have everyone together and if we each can get 20 Nest members per State than we may have a chance of forming two different groups. Figured I would ask for forgiveness rather than permission to highjack the list.

3 Likes

Looks like a good starting point for Virginia roost. Looking forward to it! I know we have a developing roost situation for our greater Richmond group so this is great. @Smidler

3 Likes

In on one of them. Prefer Richmond over Nova

1 Like

No reason we can’t have roosts for both NoVA and Richmond. Hopefully Hampton Roads as well.

4 Likes

Btw I am 100% planning to host another event this year while Im thinking about it

8 Likes

I totally agree this should happen at one point but, with the maximum 20 roost limit NLU is hoping to create nation wide this year it would seem we will be limited to one larger group to start in 2022.

2 Likes

its probably going to end up encompassing all of west (by god) va now too.

East and West VA/DC

The Presidential roost?

1 Like
1 Like