Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Tough call. One is a serious feat. The other SHOULD keep or put you in contention.
Two shots at 59 back to back? I’d take it.

2 Likes

Heading to Kamloops for 5 days - have 36 holes booked at Tobiano - any recommendations for other courses in the area?

2 Likes

I have no idea but welcome to the refuge!

1 Like

Honestly pretty hard to go wrong in that area, Rivershore is a Trent Jones Sr. design that is easy to over look but a great track

1 Like

Make sure you pack the bug spray.

Edit: I say this as an islander who has forgotten that mosquitos are a thing.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Checking in from MB. Mosquitos, wind and heat.

2 Likes

I loved Talking Rock. It’s a bit outside Kamloops (I think about 45mins) on the shores of Little Schuswap Lake, but well worth the drive. A really fun track that balances difficulty and playability well, and the resort has great customer service.

Seconding the Talking Rock recommendation if you don’t mind a 45-60 minute drive from Kamloops. Laid back, a good mix of holes, nice par 3 overlooks the lake and then 18 plays alongside it. Haven’t played Rivershore but have heard good things.

Tobiano is a great track, some of the best par 3’s in the province. Enjoy!

I’m playing Lora Bay for the first time tomorrow.

Any advice on playing strategy from those who’ve played it?

2 Likes

The biggest thing I struggled with there the first time I played is missing it to the correct spots. Obviously this is all pin dependent, but I found that I was usually in much better shape if I missed short of the green than anywhere else. Keep that in mind when you find yourself with a tricky approach.

Paging @BigtimePolecat, our resident Lora Bay expert…

Checking in from Ottawa. Glad to be a new member of the Canadian group on here.

9 Likes

Welcome! We’ve got a fledgling group underway in the GTA so if you’re even in the area give us a shout.

3 Likes

@bonafide_slide you’re in for a great round. Love that course, there isn’t really any hole that I can complain about there, even the ones that have me a hard time are good holes. @anon15484665 is right, long is dead on basically every hole. I always found the back can be tough to get into a good rhythm because there are some tough holes mixed throughout that can make a dent on the scorecard. And if you are driving it well, you can cut the corner on 9 quite a bit.

Good luck tomorrow, hope you enjoy it!

1 Like

Welcome! Whereabouts in Ottawa do you usually play? My parents still live in the Ottawa area so I’m usually out there a few times a year. Might have to try and get together sometime, schedules permitting

Thanks for the tips! I’m about five games deep into a new set of irons, so distance control is about the weakest part of my game right now. This could be quite the scene if I’m over-clubbing a lot!

1 Like

Watch out for caddies participating in the overclub challenge (cc: @BrendanPorath)

2 Likes

Haven’t been out in a few weeks, but snagged an early bird at Legends Ussher’s Creek on Canada. $40 walking rate.

Have played Battlefield & Whirlpool before, but never Usshers. Might be a #toughscene schlepping that track by all accounts, but getting out early and being done before noon and the humidity is worth the tradeoff & value.

Hit’er and hope!

1 Like

Thanks. I tend to play in the west of the city. Greensmere tends to be my go-to course. It’s good value and usually in decent shape, especially the Legacy Course.

Owing to kids and other commitments, I don’t get to play anywhere near as much as I’d like, but would welcome a game if you’re ever in town. Just DM me here and we can get something set up.

1 Like

Thanks. My wife has family in the GTA so we’re usually there 2-3 times a year. Would love to get a game in next time I’m there, so will certainly let you know.

2 Likes