Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Ah man. Great value at that price. I love Ussher’s.

For people interested in Victoria area!

Got to do one of my favourite things last night. Play a twilight round at the local muni course. Tee off at 6:10, finish on the 18th at sunset at 9:01. Had an awesome round, tons of fun with a couple buddies. Hit the best drive of my life which is always fun. Didn’t make the eagle putt though, Stan Thompson made me his bitch again.

8 Likes

happy Canada Day

9 Likes

image image image

2 Likes

Cheers, eh. You too bud.

3 Likes

We’re off to a great start. My local indie/alternative station has already played some Bryan Adams, Shania Twain and some east coast Celtic music in their attempt to play Canadian music all day

5 Likes
2 Likes

F’n giv’er out there, buds. :canada:

Starting my playlist today with one of our greats:

2 Likes

Thanks! Didn’t go long once all day, which definitely helped. The course definitely punishes missing on the short side, or in the wrong spot, as I had more ‘others’ (4) than basic bogeys (3). I cut the corner on 9 as you suggested, as the right-to-left hole fit my eye as a lefty with a fade.

I would also stress to others reading this to warm up before you play, particularly for people who have a bad left-miss, as the 1st hole is not an easy starting hole, and there are some bad spots for a left-miss on holes 2 and 3 as well!

3 Likes

Drove to London for a pool day with my wife’s sister and their kids. Whole way there was exclusively Canadian rock jams.

Little Sum 41, Tom Cochrane, Tragically Hip, Spirit of the West, Arkells, Sam Roberts Band, and Glorious Sons made for a good drive.

3 Likes

Happy Canada Day! Just keep givin’er

4 Likes

This songs haunts me. So many nights downing pitchers and clogging along. If I never hear it again I’d be happy.

2 Likes

I’m going to introduce the kids to the Rural Alberta Advantage this morning.

5 Likes

Saw them the first night of Stampede last year, from what I remember they’re even better live!

2 Likes

I have no idea what that even is.

For me it’ll be Neil and Rush spinning long into the evening.

https://www.theraa.com/

My personal favourite RAA

2 Likes

That was the last song on the car ride back from Canada Day Tim Hortons donuts with the kids.

1 Like

It was in great shape fo sure!

We were first off at 6:50 (they split our foursome into 2 two-balls) and sent us out 10 mins ahead of our scheduled tee time.

Finished in 3h20, and thats with 1 cart and 1 walker (me), on a cart-friendly course with some long green-to-tee walks. Done by 10:10 AM, though still stupidly warm & humid.

44-39 for an 83. Lost 5 balls and 3-putted three times to waste an otherwise good ball-striking day.

Now setting up for an afternoon nap and some refreshments for the evening.

Happy Canada Day to all the Canuck NLU’ers out there!

4 Likes