Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Yeah, I haven’t played up there yet either. Probably 2 years ago now I got paired with a couple guys at BraeBen who told me about the play all day deal and said if you go during the week, its far enough out of the city it usually is pretty empty.That was before the TPC rebrand though so not sure if that is still true

It’s great – three very fun tracks. And yes I think the play all day has stopped due to covid restrictions (but we can still try).

Alright well why don’t we target the weekend of the 20th? I’m conscious of not spamming our fellow Canadians with logistics so we can take this to DMs.

1 Like

Round up the Ontario RACDG

2 Likes

Everyone does their Bandon rankings, what’s everyone’s Osprey Valley rankings?

Mine are (10 round split):

1. Hoot (5)
  2. North (3)
  3. Heathlands (2)

Great question. Mine would be similar: Hoot (5), Heathlands (3), North (2)
Recently I’ve played much better on North than Heathlands so I may switch those soon.

1 Like

I’d love to come up to play but that weekend is a no go with a kids birthday party. Soon enough.

1 Like

I would probably do something like this…Heathlands isn’t my favorite but I think I need to give it some more time:

1. Hoot (4)
  2. North Toot (3)
  3. Heathlands (3)
1 Like

Hey Guise,

Anyone interested in this NLU Polo? With the spirit of the Silk Road in mind, we’ll call her Julie. An attractive girl that stands out, however I’ll never be able to change enough to meet her expectations and I’ve moved on to better things. Sorry, no rugs or dogs as I have neither.

It’s an XL and hasn’t been worn. I’m between an XL and XXL in most makes but this one is a tight tight piece of property and I have no shot into shrinking that much where it’s comfy for me. Would have returned it straight away, but no international returns :frowning:

Call it $60 shipped within Canada? If not I’ll post it over on the actual Silk Road, but I figure I’d throw to the fellow Canadians first to limit shipping!

2 Likes

I dig it, but don’t know what the fit of these are like. Any insights?

This has not been forgotten about. I’m just dealing with a very unfriendly IT company who is making accessing the adobe suite on my new work computer an absolute nightmare. Hoping this will be resolved by the end of this week.

3 Likes

It definitely fits more like a Large
Length is perfect, it’s just way to tight for me.

1 Like

Been chatting with a refuge lurker friend of mine about making a trip to play Copetown Woods sometime in the middle of July. Any GTA/Niagara adjacent refugees interested in potentially making a day of that?

2 Likes

Could definitely be talked in to this - let me know when you pin down a date and I’ll make sure it works!

1 Like

I’d be interested. Have vacation booked from the 18-25 but plans are really up in the air right now. So if I’m around, I’d do it

1 Like

100% yes. I think my wife feels bad I am missing osprey, so I’ll get a free pass for this one.

3 Likes

Haven’t posted in a while but have been lurking.

Covid19 and being a single golfer has been hard. Season is almost a month old in Saskatoon but have only played three times.

I’m pumped though as I finally booked vacation for 9 days to drive out to the island to see family. Part of the plan is staying overnight in Jasper on the 26th so I’m knocking off a bucket list course with a twilight round at Jasper Lodge.

Other than that, spending 2 days in Vancouver and 3 days in the Courtney/Comox area. Have an old high school buddy I plan on seeing in Victoria hopefully on the trip too. I’ve only played Pheasant Glen on the island. Anyone got any suggestions for the Vancouver area or other courses on the island to check out?

How hard is getting on as single there right now?

3 Likes

Getting on as a single doesn’t seem to be a problem anymore. Even my own course, which was the strictest of any, allows it now and there are usually spots.

Up island, I’ve played Crown Isle, Storey Creek and Morningstar. Crown Isle, despite running through a real estate development, is a really fun course and the host of the Canadian McKenzie tour Q-school. Would definitely recommend playing it. Storey Creek is a tree-lined course in Campbell River that is good value but can be penal. Morningstar I played about 3 years ago when they were undergoing some pretty bad money problems and conditions were starting to suffer. But I think I saw that they’re on their way back.

If you make it down to Victoria, Cordova Bay, where I play, is a fair but challenging course and always in great shape. Other options include Highland Pacific (a quirky mountain course), Cedar Hill (par-67 muni), and Bear Mountain (2 penal, expensive Nicklaus designs).

2 Likes

Gorge Vale on Van Island is nice as well. Had a great time playing it.

Thanks for the replies guy.

Now I might not play in Vancouver but if I did, what should I check out thats publicly available in that area? Im willing to drive about 45 minutes from downtown.

@Sarah should be able to help you out there.

2 Likes