Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

I live north of Barrie; can’t stress this enough. If you’re driving north from Toronto on a Friday, give yourself an extra hour, at least.

1 Like

these are all great suggestions. based on what i’m seeing, i think round 1 should be at a tpc toronto course–doesn’t look like they charge quite the same as some of the tpc courses stateside!

duly noted on the traffic patterns. i think if we get out in the morning and can get out by 1 or 2, we shouldn’t have any issues.

1 Like

aka, close to KW :wink: welcome!

1 Like

yeah like thursday night when you land :slight_smile:

This is solid advice. I’ll give you another list of “actively avoid” courses in case you don’t get your first choices. Oak Bay and The Rock should be avoided at all costs. They may seem nice, and have decent conditions, but they will make you question your future as a recreational golfer.

1 Like

Both are very nice VERY hard courses. You need a dozen balls at least when you play oak bay with poison ivy on almost every hole

We need more of this kind of penal conditioning in golf.

2 Likes

Sherwood has relationships with a few Muskoka courses. I’m staying there in July as well for a wedding, and plan on playing Rocky Crest. Would recommend taking advantage of that relationship to get a tee time there. Not an easy spot to get on during summer weekends.

1 Like

The Rock is very tough.

Tpc Osprey your best bet.
But dont ever drive to Muskoka late on a July Friday night.

1 Like

this is good intel—do you know if there is a way to book the grouch sherwood?

this is what i’m leaning toward. what’s the deal with the drive? traffic? tough roads at night?

This - Friday lunchtime onwards half of Toronto is heading north for the weekend.

Don’t put yourselves in a situation to potentially ruin your Friday with stress and drive up Friday morning. Muskoka golf is also a tourist spot on weekends, so pace of play can be slow from casual golfers, full tee sheets and people hunting for golf balls in the trees. So be weary of that on Saturday too with the wedding itself.

With your next round Monday you have a lot more flexibility, and TPC Osprey not so bad as you head to the airport.

4 Likes

ALL RIGHT TEAM! ITS MERCH ORDERIN’ TIME!

I have put together this handy dandy little order form so you can buy some wares.
https://forms.gle/wend7Aqhaxkis3M27

Keep in mind everything is a 12 order min. so if I don’t get 12 orders, that shit ain’t getting made. Hoodies I’m offering in the multiple colours as we can mix and match those easily; Hats will be the All Black, All White, and Black/Camo as those are the three I can put together without being charged more.

I’m going to keep the order form and payments open until next FRIDAY MARCH 17th at 12PM. I SAY AGAIN, FRIDAY MARCH 17th at 12PM.

At which time I will close the form and hopefully submit and pay for our orders so everything is completed in time for the Rockaway opener.

Good Day, and Good Shoppin’
Brandon

2 Likes

Hiya all!

New here… any prudent info I should know? Filled out that new member application form… anything else I need to know?

To save you all time, feel free to push me to the right place!

Thanks!

5 Likes

Welcome, welcome!

Whereabouts are you based?

1 Like

Go away Duncan, calling dibs from YEG

2 Likes

Mississauga! How about yourself?

3 Likes

Way out west - Calgary, and Mr Banjo is Edmonton. But we have our Duck Club spiritual home in KW, and have pals all over Ontario. Lots of future playing partners in your neck of the woods!

3 Likes