Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Bigwin is also a must play. Just outside Huntsville on Bigwin Island in Lake of Bays.

My top 3 Muskoka courses would be Bigwin, Rocky Crest and Muskoka Bay.

3 Likes

Hi! I’m not from Canada but I saw the logo on instagram…any way to get some gear in Wisconsin? Who do I talk to?

6 Likes

@BigtimePolecat

Only problem is Bigwin is far too hard to get on these days unless you know a member. They have little to no off season access anymore :pensive:

3 Likes

New to the Refuge and the Duck Club - any of you folks out east?

New Brunswick.

1 Like

Kenora is so far West you’re basically in Manitoba! Their golf course is fun - lots of elevation change.

Fellow Duck Clubbers,

I am taking a trip to Ireland with my wife therego I am essentially taking a solo golf trip this fall haha we are doing the upper west coast. Connemara, Galway Bay, Carne and a few of the stunning 9 hole tracks are on the agenda, originally I had planned to play Lahinch. Sadly, the 24 hours I’ll be in the area Lahinch is booked solid (as should be expected) I’m trying to decide if I want to loop Carne a second time, play Enniscrone, Westport or perhaps I’ve overlooked something; not too keen on voyaging further north/east than Enniscrone and I’m keeping it to Links courses. Suggestions?

1 Like

Ya we might even be part of Manitoba Golf. Crazy elevation changes. Some holes are crap but overall I enjoy it. Most people say they can’t stand the elevation and blind shots but it adds interest and added challenge I find.

A friend of mine took this dive over the past two weeks and he couldn’t stop talking about how few commercials there are on the sky feed. Consider him converted. Thanks for the prompt.

1 Like

The difference is shocking.

1 Like

Truly. I realized they have to fill usa commercial time with talking and visuals when they’re taking the feed. Very excited going forward.

2 Likes

My friend also converted. What a game changer.

Sometimes the DP tour takeovers can be frustrating, but so far so good!

1 Like

If you pitch this to the “Honourable Association of Trip Planners”, I’m sure you’d get seriously good intel. There’s some well travelled folk in there, to say the least.

2 Likes

Thank you! Still navigating the site, appreciate you pointing me in the right directuon!

1 Like

If there are any T-Bay guys/gals around I want to shout out my former TXG fitter Cam and his new fitting studio in your fair city. Looks like a promising spot.

https://instagram.com/puregolftbay?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

Cam is a great guy! Hope it qorks out for him

1 Like

I think its super fun… Though the greens definitely boomed me at Kenora. I remember a green that sloped away from the fairway - thought that was a little devious by the architect. I usually play at Falcon Lake where the greens are super flat.

Also if anyone has a Golfzon simulator with the swing plate by them its definitely worth checking out and beating the winter golf blues. I was never big on simulator golf but a new place opened up close to my house. I was in awe - the ground moves so you can have down-hill/up-hill/side-hill lies, the putting is surprisingly good for a simulator, and it gives you video of your club impact from two different angles… I am hooked.

Waterloo?

1 Like