Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Yeah, I think perhaps taking a run at planning without an agency, simplifying the itinerary (maybe stay a bit more anchored in a couple locations say East Lothian and Fife, to reduce transportation costs, etc) might be worth a shot.

I also wonder if a different communication channel would be easier?? Have a zoom call? I am a bit novice on this kind of organizing.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Yeah, we should set up a time to do a zoom call. I can easily set one up just need feedback on what dates/times work for everyone.

Weekdays in the evenings probably work best for me. Sometime around 8pm-10pm ET. But I am flexible.

1 Like

Looking for some last minute Vancouver assistance… how is the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Downtown and the neighborhood around it? We might have to make a last minute hotel reservation, as we are rescuing a dog from Mexico, flying into YVR and it’s delayed by an hour. We looking at back-up lodging options in case our little guy is delayed further and driving back isn’t an option.

1 Like

I tossed it in the BC thread for you as well as the ones more likely help you out are there. Wasn’t sure how pressing this was.

1 Like

Ah shit, am I in the wrong thread?! I searched Vancouver and this is the top Roll Call result. I’m a dumb American.

2 Likes

I am guessing its more likely the locals are subscribed to their Provincial thread rather than this one, which strays a bit more into Ontario.

1 Like

I wonder how hard a itinerary like this would be to manage. Could stay in two locations:

Day 1. Dunbar
Day 2. Gullane 1, 2
Day 3, North Berwick, Killspindie
Day 4 Elie
Day 5-7 Courses at St. Andrews in various combinations.

Just stay in town of Gullane for Day 1-4, then in town of St. Andrews. Very minimal driving, simpifies booking of accommodation, etc.

3 Likes

My only advice for this is: I tried to book North Berwick a year out (mind you it was 150th Open week) and they had no tee times.

1 Like

Definitely the approach we should take. I went ahead and put together a list in the google sheet we had. Obviously open for discussion.

If people let me know when they are available I can set up a zoom call.

2 Likes

Scotland easy to organize since almost every course has online booking.

3 Likes

Sorry if this is too late. Haven’t stayed there but the location is relatively central. Close to Yaletown for restaurants and bars if that’s on the agenda and not too far of a walk down Robson towards the core

1 Like

To start thinking about a budget and planning which courses to play. I started a spreadsheet that we can use to plan various costs. So far, I did all of the East Lothian courses (I think) that have been mentioned with their visitor times. We are obviously not going to play them all, just looking at more than we need so that we can be flexible. Maybe after we have our zoom call, we can pinpoint the cities we will want to stay in and I (or someone else) can add of sheet of hotel/accommodation costs.

3 Likes

I wanted to propose some times for a zoom call to get started. During the week is best for me. Weekends are unpredictable at the moment.

Would a Wednesday or Thursday between 8-10pm ET work for those interested? I can set something up for next week
@South600 @dylcoch @Bunk

2 Likes

wednesday and Thursday next week at those times works for me

1 Like

Next thursday works, probably not wednesday

1 Like

Next Thursday works for me.

1 Like

@bcorbs @South600 @Bunk @dylcoch sent you guys a group DM. Will coordinate there.

If anyone is interested in discussing the Scotland 2024 trip we have a zoom meeting set up for next Thursday 8pm ET. DM me your email to hop in the discussion

Interest? Absolutely. Money and time? No :frowning:

2 Likes

I have yet to tell my girlfriend that I might be planning on going to Scotland next year, thus leaving her with two young kids for likely 8-9 days. That is going to be a testy negotiation.

4 Likes