Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Much appreciated.

Smuggler’s Glen is probably your best bet for decent golf in that area. There’s an interesting track in Brockville as well.

1 Like

Only 1hr20 to Ottawa…

1 Like

Depends how far you want to travel but these courses are a decent start.

@BigtimePolecat lives pretty close by to a few of them. Depending on timing I have a friend that lives in Belleville so I might be able to come out and meet up.

2 Likes

Looking at distances I think smugglers glen is gonna be my play. I’ll be sneaking away from my family and my in laws so I want to try and keep it within a 30 minute drive. Can’t wait to be up north and hit a chip truck for some poutine.

1 Like

I’m flexible. I know it might be a stretch to do too many regions in one trip.

1 Like

Dear neighbors to the North,

I humbly come asking for Roost asylum, as once again, my WNY region has been left without a regional US roost. Last year, the borders were still closed and to not be adrift without an affiliation, I joined the OATW roost.

Now that we are fully open to crossings, I humbly come to you, asking for admittance to your fine Roost for the 2023 season. I have references from OATW for any vetting process, if need be, and am confident that my record/history in this here Refuge can speak to my overall “decent guy” status.

Fun fact, I have dual Mexican/American citizenship, and with this hopeful roost association, I would become a complete North American figure, which I find to be pretty cool.

Anyways, I hope my application is accepted and I can be a worthwhile addition to your Roost. I’ve played various courses across the border here from Buffalo and hope to get out to many more come next year.

Happy to answer any and all questions/concerns ya’ll might have.

Sincerely,
Jsauce

13 Likes

Awesome! I’ll let the boss @BigtimePolecat handle the formalities but I’m pretty sure all you need to join is to have an opinion on the best Tragically Hip song and a love of beer.

Oh and if you play a match against anyone from Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario just know you’re being hustled.

Looking forward to playing this summer!

6 Likes

Shit yeah. We’re inclusive as fuck, y’all. Welcome to the party! Also, lolz at the “complete North American figure” piece. I love that for you, and us, and our great Duck Club. Quack quack, motherfuckers!

6 Likes

vive la duck clúb!

1 Like

Unless it’s me; I’m actually bad.

1 Like

This is how they trick you @jsauce don’t listen to them.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Tragically Hip or their song catalog but happy to always get new music in the 'ol library.

Love me some beer, Buffalo has some great micro brews that I would be happy to share w/ the Duck Club.

Happy to test out these so-called hustlers’ game, though mine is nothing to write home about.

3 Likes

You’re better off

/ducks eh

3 Likes

I think you just nicknamed yourself NAFTA.

6 Likes

Welcome @jsauce , glad to have you. All the more reason to put together a Niagara cross border event this year. I will speak with our fearless leader @BigtimePolecat about it!!

2 Likes

Haha that’s not bad. I would not be opposed

1 Like

It’s good to have another duck club exile!

Today, upstate NY and Connecticut; tomorrow the WORLD!!!

2 Likes

Welcome @jsauce! Big fan of all things Buffalo and WNY (except wings, it’s a thing).

I hearby welcome you up to what’s known to all as the centre of the universe, Kitchener-Waterloo. We’re fierce competitors here, but perfect gentlemen, so don’t listen to all the haters and losers.

3 Likes

This I’ll agree with.

Just because I’m north of some of them in Wisconsin doesn’t mean you get to forget about me.

4 Likes