Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Looks like Exeter #7!

Sure is!

I’ve got an old 3.0 Clicgear you could probably get for a deal. It’s just missing the tray cover.

2 Likes

It also has possibly the world’s best range…

7 Likes

Anyone interested in playing Lakeview GC in Mississauga this Saturday? Have two times booked 830 and 840. Three spots left…

3 Likes

Finally had some time to myself this morning with no other distractions and put in an inquiry with TJ over at Golf Away Tours.

I put some details in the sheet you put together if anyone wants to take a look. I did take some liberty to change up some of the courses inquiries but also did review the sheet to make sure I didnt leave out anyone’s must plays.

Where is said sheet to peruse?

Feel free to check it out. Put your name down if you are interested.
I inquired about the courses in the document for a timeline of June/July 2024.

1 Like

Tough day in @Sarah’s neck of the woods today apparently. Homicide team responds to shooting at University Golf Course near UBC | CBC News

I have a couple of suggestions…

• Book an old course time and build the rest of the itinerary around it. The singles queue sounds like a good idea but there are SO MANY golf crazies and guys are getting there at like 9pm the night before. It’s not like when the NLU boys were there. The line is long.

• Consider adding Crail & Kingsbarns so that there’s another night in St. Andrews. The town is so fun and it might make the trip feel less hectic.

1 Like

I should’ve started that post by saying that the itinerary is already awesome! We’re really splitting hairs when we talk about what courses to play in Scotland.

1 Like

It was definitely challenging to get the most out of an itinerary that only lasts 7-8 days and goes to several different areas of Scotland. There are SO MANY courses that appeal to all of us, but unfortunately I haven’t won the lottery or become rich overnight yet.

I really wanted to include Leven Links in the request, might still be doable in the afternoon after St. Andrews if we can get on. This is also just a starting point, happy to discuss the request with others if they want to chime in.

Missing Prestwick, Western Gailes, Turnberry Ailsa, and so many other quality courses south of Glasgow. But those will probably be for another trip I suspect.

Nope.

3 Likes

I should add… as soon as that sociopath sells we can add it in - until then, there’s lots of other options hahaha

1 Like

Yeah, but none of them have that island where curling stones come from

2 Likes

Hey, I completely get it. I don’t want to support him either. Hence why it isn’t on the list. But as soon as he’s dead or sells, I will be thinking about it.

2 Likes

I’m in!

2 Likes

Good evening everyone,

Little bit about me:
New to the Nest and Refuge, pod fan, recent convert to golf psychosis, proudly Canadian from Hamilton, so if you’ll have me I’m happy to join.

I have 3 little ones (5, 3 and 0.5) so golf is a rarish thing at the moment. But I live a 5 min walk from
Chedoke muni so I survive!

Looking forward to chewing the cud with everyone and maybe getting a round or two in. If you are ever in the Hamilton area and looking to hit some cups let me know! :call_me_hand:

15 Likes

Your plan is great but its potentially a lot of driving. I would focus on Fife/Lothians or Fife/Highlands, but not try to do all three in seven days.

2 Likes

Tagging in @BigtimePolecat if you are interested in our Roost. He can add you to that and you can see what we have going on there for quota games and meetups in ON. You are geographically positioned well based on previous meetups too.

2 Likes