Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Rule is gonna have to be we play wave ups right? Like every hole is reachable in under GIR.

1 Like

Yeah it’ll probably make sense to do that and easy for our group to agree on it. That or we let chaos rule the day, it’s the Red Wedding after all.

2 Likes

It’s not a bad course! The name is stupid as fuck, but the course would be held in more esteem if it was called North Hamilton or something generic.

Its a bit repetitive back and forth with straight holes galore, but it is very well maintained for the price.

2 Likes

Smooth 76 on the first round of the Scotland/Ireland trip. Dumbarnie Links is delightful.

11 Likes

Greetings neighbors to the north. This is a random and non golf related post. But my wife and I have a travel credit with WestJet for $1000 USD that we are unable to use and expires on September 27th (trip needs to be booked by then, not flown by then). COVID ruined our trip to Vancouver back in May 2019 and Westjet is refusing to give us a full refund for the flights (scummy). The credit is transferrable so I am curious if any of you all would be interested in buying it to use. Feel free to slide in the DMs if interested.

That stinks - I thought they hit a point where they legally HAD to do refunds. I ended up using all my WestJet covid credits flying to the UK this year, but I got refunds from two smaller airlines late last year.

Unfortunately I just booked a couple of trips with WestJet in the past two weeks, otherwise I’d have taken you up on this. Hopefully someone else here is in the market for WJ flights.

I’m surprised they’re still stiffing you for the refund. Very disappointed in them - sorry dude.

1 Like

Yeah they just gave us the flight credit to use as a “travel bank” rather than issuing a full refund. Which initially was fine because we still planned on doing the trip last year but the border took a lot longer to open and now we have a 3 month old which makes travel a little more challenging.

I have a tournament pass (Monday to Sunday) and also a one day pass to use on Thursday, Friday or Saturday for next week’s Women’s Open in Ottawa. Unfortunately, COVID has decided that this past week has been the time to infect my family, so I will be unable to go. If anybody is interested in the weekly pass or single day ticket, DM me to discuss the price. I could also split up the weekly pass to different people, but would prefer to sell it as one unit.

Hi! @duncmitchell and I have been talking about coordinating a Duck Club Scotland Trip for 2024! Wanted to gauge interest here, and see what kind of group we could pull together.

We figure 2024 gives plenty of time to plan, book an optimal itinerary.

Initial thoughts are sometime in the summer (Say June or July) to get long days, most flexibility. Early thoughts on itinerary are something like 6-7 days starting in East Lothian and then venturing north to the highlands. It feels like St. Andrews is its own thing, and you’re subject to drawing whenever you can can get Old Course.

As an example:
Day 1: Dunbar
Day 2: Gullane 1 and 2
Day 3: North Berwick
Day 4: off in Edinburgh
Day 5: Elie
Day 6: Cruden Bay and Cullen
Day 7: Royal Dornoch and Brora

Is that too ambitious? Not ambitious enough? Stick closer to one region or two close regions? Being Canadian, the driving distances probably wouldn’t phase us that much, but open to ideas.

Here is an initial sign up sheet to gauge interest and see what kind of size of group to plan for.

11 Likes

Spotted someone wearing an NLU hat while out and about in Kingston this afternoon. If you are this person, show yourself.

2 Likes

@noslenod the new profile pic is dynamite :firecracker:

2 Likes

Bless. When you hit enough bad shots you end up getting some fun photo angles.

5 Likes

Haven’t planned that far out but always interested. I think the spreadsheet is on view only though

I’d love to do this. After two recent trips to the UK, I’m not planning on being there next year - makes ‘24 a dynamite option. Will likely make it two weeks with some family time, but shit yeah. Let’s go!

Also, I can likely steal borrow a car from my folks, as is my MO.

3 Likes

Ah, should be changed now to everyone an editor…

2 Likes

VERY INTERESTED. Put my name down

North Berwick and Royal Dornock are a must for me. So glad those were noted down.

Would love to get in at Western Gailes too but dont mind figuring out that one on my own if I can swing the $ in addition to the trip.

Edit: Now that I think about my wife wants to go back to Scotland so I could put plans in place for her to come out after a week of golf and we can explore some more of the islands. Of course I will get a few extra rounds in :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Where’s Tom today?

7 Likes

Elie is so underrated. So much fun too. Definitely put it on the list to visit when you guys are here.

3 Likes

How was the sock situation? Did you rock knee-highs to preserve everyone’s dignity?

2 Likes

Great to see interest so far! And seemingly, a lot of agreement on the type of itinerary to do.

1 Like