Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Would’ve loved to had made it. Our fall scramble type calcutta is that weekend, and I simply can’t miss that.

Enjoy lads

1 Like

I pray for the poor sods who get put out first with me.

2 Likes

Just imagine them all as really short Par 5’s.

No yips.

Good thing you didn’t say par 3.

3 Likes

I was going to let someone else bring it up.

Par 3’s for you, my inability to hit off the fairway, tomato-potato.

Just drive every green and it’s problem solved!

The driver will not be showing up to the Red Wedding, if all goes according to plan (which it won’t) I’m trying for a bladey 80.

I expect my throat to be slit somewhere in my follow through on the first tee.

1 Like

Ah you’ll drive the greens with 3 wood and long irons, equally good plan!

1 Like

The fun part will be managing the “wave them up” on all the drivable holes to keep pace up for the course. Hope it’s not too sunny out so I only have to put on sunscreen five times and blinding everyone.

5 Likes

Have some unexpected time off from the 20th-28th and planning a little road trip to see family (okay maybe to play some golf and have free lodging). Will be spending a couple days each in Barrie, Peterborough and Hamilton (not sure on order yet) and looking for potential places to play.

From a little early research a few I’m considering are
Copetown
King’s Forest
Baxter Creek
Port Hope
Timber Ridge (out of the way and heard the greens aren’t great but still want to see it)
Kawartha (not sure if my days there will line up with the days they allow public play)

Looking for ideas and maybe to connect with anyone in those areas who would want to try and get a round in!

Thanks

I like Timber quite a bit but the greens are a bummer this year. Usually they’re quite fun but have had a hard time with them this year. Black Bear Ridge might be a better option along that stretch of highway.

1 Like

Are they bad enough to avoid it for this year?

@jimmay @noslenod and I played Dragon’s Fire this morning and it was pretty good. It was reasonably priced for the area and despite a slow start from the group ahead of us we got around in just under 4 hours.

4 Likes

@BigtimePolecat has been more recently than me but I’ve not heard good things.

Played Timber a couple weeks ago and the greens are still in pretty rough shape. Not completely unplayable but also not very pleasant to play on.

I’m only about 10 mins from the course so if you find yourself out this way, I could possibly meet up for a round

1 Like

If you’re in the Barrie area Innisbrook is a fair-priced par 64 and there’s Tangle Creek if you’re willing to shell out some cash.

The surrounding area I recommend Bear Creek, Simoro, or even Orr Lake. Orr Lake is my home track. It’s a decent course, just the owner is cheap AF. You won’t see a beer cart or ball washers out there.

1 Like

gonna recommend some stuff, not taking into account budget

Barrie - play The Nest (baby Eagles Nest by Carrick)

• hook up with @tniloc for Mad!!
    Peterborough - Kawartha has some public times, try make this work (Stanley)
  • hook up with @BigtimePolecat for a round there
    Hamilton - Copetown or Dragons Fire (notoriously slow, unless you play in first 60 minutes of the day)
    • i enjoyed Chedoke Beddoe (Stanley), short and fun

Enjoy

1 Like

@bdj s playing partner is Snuffleupigus :wink:

Hard to say no when the first page of the website pulls you in this hard

4 Likes

Bring your 14 finest weapons…today I should have brought 13 and putted with my wedge, things almost certainly would have gone better.

1 Like