Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

I thought about rolling in and trying to blow it up with suggestions of the heathlands and Sandwich and all kinds of random stuff.

Figured we have a decent plan to start, and I should quit shit-stirring…

1 Like

I quickly looked up the cost of flights to Edinburgh, meant to compare the cost to Glasgow but accidentally searched Dublin. So Ireland just got added to this Scotland trip.

4 Likes

Love that you’re efforting this. I’m extremely interested, no idea if I could make it work, but I’d love to #getinvolved at this point. Cullen and Brora are places I’d absolutely love to go, so their inclusion here is sick.

3 Likes

2025 pal. One thing at a time.

2 Likes

I feel like I could talk the wifey into “officially” getting married in Scotland. Any cool castles on route? Think I could swing that if anyone is ordained.

There’s a delightful castle in a town called Peebles south of Edinburgh - I went to a wedding there once.

Strong recommend. Grab a piper and some idiots to witness between rounds…

1 Like

If only there was someone we knew with strong opinions on castles.

6 Likes

Shoot, she’d love this one. I’ll have to dig up a picture. Hang tight…

1 Like

Neidpath castle in Peebles. Understated, but still grand. Great views. Lovely little town with maybe the hardest golf course I’ve ever played (which, if memory serves, is like a Willy Park or some shit and only about a tenner to play…).

(Edit to tag @newballcoach)

6 Likes

I might be able to weaponize this photo.

1 Like

Apologies. It’s a Harry Colt…

My mom’s entire side is from Paisley, so I’ve always wanted to go visit “home”. I missed out on a trip when I was younger where all the big course were hit St. Andrews, Carnoustie, etc. now that I’ve grown up and seen that there is so much over there to play; thought of this really excites me.

1 Like

Not many castles in Scotland I hear

Sounds like we have a solid group interested! While I love Edinburgh I too would like to do the camp out for the Old Course. So glad someone else suggested that.

Do we plan on booking this all ourselves or did we want to inquire with a travel service like Golf Away Tours (https://www.golfawaytours.com/)? I know TJ and he does a great service for his clients.

Good question. I do think for an extensive itinerary, a group like that would be really helpful.

1 Like

For the record, the response on this castle was that it’s “cool.”

3 Likes

The highest of praise, or should I say Paise? I’ll see myself out.

4 Likes

Definitely, they have helpful connections. I can reach out to TJ at Golf Away Tours this fall and get things started if there is consensus here on a potential month to go and numbers.

Might be helpful for looking into getting a car service as well if that is an affordable option for a group of say 6-8 people?

1 Like

Jim Stewart at Connoisseur Golf is the man to talk to about a Scotland itinerary! jim@connoisseurgolf.com

Tell him that I referred you.

He’s so plugged into the Scotland golf scenes for accommodations, tee times, dinners, and transportation.

1 Like

Being the c-suite guy that I am, I wore pants. We also teed off at 3:30 so it was cold at the end of the round.

1 Like