Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Lake view is the bees knees.

2 Likes

I grew up on Myron Dr. directly behind the course. There was a lot of sneaking on in my youth when it was a private.

2 Likes

We have some of those dump turned course here in Chicago.

Lakeview sounds like my first stop if I can get up out there before snow.

Appreciate it, once I have some solid plans I’ll let you all know, would love to meet up.

4 Likes

Honestly it’s kinda cool, it’s definitely not links but links inspired and it overlooks the city.

If you’ve got a vehicle there will be lots of options for you, mostly west and north of your location. Copetown Woods is a favorite of this group and wouldn’t be too far from you.

2 Likes

Copetown looking mint. Not sure on the car situation yet, tbd at the moment.

1 Like

36/100 for this kid on the Score Rankings. The number dropped a bit since the rankings changed a some courses got pushed out.

Best all-around course? Jasper Park Lodge

Best conditioned? The National

Most fun? Mad River

6 Likes

God, there aren’t enough superlatives in my brain to properly describe Mad. It might not be the absolute best course I’ve ever played, but it’s the one I want to play every day forever.

2 Likes

I’m at 20 right now. Have a couple more on the schedule for late-summer, and then plan to start working my way through as much Interior BC golf next year as I can!

Agree that Jasper is properly special - its just far enough away that I haven’t been able to rip up there this year. Also, seeing Westmlount again this year it absolutely vaulted up my favourites list - truly one of the most fun and interesting layouts I’ve played. Tough to find a single negative - wildly fun tee shots, greens are outrageous but more playable than I remembered, and beautiful to boot. A proper oasis in the middle of KW.

2 Likes

There’s some renovation work that is just wrapping up this summer - I don’t believe any of this crew have been out since it happened. They were supposed to open the full 18 mid-July, but the website says August now. The work was reasonably extensive, so it might be a little rough around the edges this summer. EIther way, its an absolute gem of a muni - really only has one weak hole, and the changes they are making will bring back some 1920s features too!

3 Likes

This sounds like my jam honestly. Who doesn’t love a good reno.

I assume October golf is feasible, how often do you all play in November if the ground is snow free?

Our (well, at least my) last round last year was Oct 29th at Lakeview - it was freezing cold, rainy, and we played as a sixsome! One of my more memorable rounds ever, honestly. The bad weather hit pretty quickly after that.

That said, I’ve played mid-November before the snow hits. Really depends on the year.

4 Likes

Some courses will shut it down end of October but you can usually find some action if there’s no snow. My threshold for cold weather golf usually depends on whether or not it’s sunny. 6°C, overcast and windy is a tough go.

2 Likes

Only 25 for me — definitely need a western golf trip

2 Likes

I know a tour guide out west who could help…

2 Likes

23 for me I think

2 Likes

19 for me plus 7 of the bonus 25.

2 Likes

I’m only at 15 :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yikes, only 4 for the real kid. That needs to be addressed ASAP. @TheDuckClub lets get on it! 2023 Canadian Rockies Sarah and friends Tourist Sauce??

11 Likes

23 for me as well!

2 Likes