Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Whelp, does it make any difference on pace during the week? I’m going to play it regardless lol.

Also, please report back on what you think of the other TPC courses. I love hearing all the differing opinions before I make my own.

2 Likes

Have played all the tpc toronto courses 15 times each
great place
great courses
good pace
you can walk

Is 54 in one day completely unreasonable? Lol

I figure if I’m first off at 7AM on a Thursday I can be done in 3 hours, tee off again around 10:30-11:00 and be done around 3 & eat. Tee off again around 4 and be done by dark?

If anyone wants to join me on this crazy quest feel free, but I’m seriously thinking I’m going to go for it on Thursday, July 7th.

I’ve got a pretty damn good itinerary in the works if anybody wants to play between July 3-July 8!

To follow up… here’s what I’m thinking. It’s extremely aggressive, but I have the 4th and 5th off so taking the 6th-8th gave me a nice 9 days in a row off from work. If anyone wants to join on any of these rounds just give me a holler, haven’t booked anything yet.

Sunday, July 3rd: Roseland with a few other Michiganders. One of them pitched the idea of a U.S. vs Canada Independence Day match for fun if anyone is interested? No worries if not.

Monday, July 4th: Tarandowah in the morning & the kind offer to join at Whistle Bear at 3:52PM.

Tuesday, July 5th: Cobble Beach in the morning, Nest in the afternoon.

Wednesday, July 6th: Glen Abbey

Thursday, July 7th: Crazy idea to play all 3 TPC Toronto courses in one day

Friday, July 8th: Deciding between a hell of a lot of Toronto area courses… ideas welcome.
(Copetown Woods, Piper’s Heath, Royal Ontario, Copper Creek, Mystic, Eagles Nest, Bond Head North, Lionhead Legends, Otter Creek)

Saturday, July 9th: Kind offer to join at Deer Ridge & head home!

It turned into more than I imagined very quick, but there’s a ton of great courses to see! Can’t wait to come see them for myself.

4 Likes

Don’t know where you’re planning on staying the night before but you might be crunched for time with these courses being over 2 hours apart and Cobble being very far out there.

@BigtimePolecat Probably stay somewhere near Owen Sound. Tee off around 8 and 3, I figure I’ll make it but not with a lot of time to work with though.

1 Like

I think I might just be crazy enough to try that 54 at TPC Toronto with you. I’ve only played Heathlands once and want to experience the other courses before the prices get out of control (and Heathlands again obviously). I should be able to get away that day, so if you do it I’d be in to attempt this!

2 Likes

I’d love to but that week isn’t likely to work for me. Great idea though!

One of the best parts about TPC Toronto is all three courses are great, and lots of people have different rankings. I personally like Hoot the best just because of the different experience it brings versus any other courses in the province. Heathlands has some great holes and the greens are stellar, while North is the most parkland of the three and is pretty generous off the tee. 18th at North might be the best hole on the property.

1 Like

Ambitious plan! 54 at TPC might be difficult just because of how busy it is but all the best to you!
Looking forward to our round at Whistle Bear on the 4th.
If anyone else here wants to join we have two spots currently open at 3:52pm.

1 Like

@Freedom35 hell yeah man, come on out!

@alhunter It’s definitely ambitious, but with how much daylight there is right now I think we can do it. I’m hoping a Thursday is less busy, but doubt I’ll be that fortunate haha. If I have to roll one over into Friday I will, but I’m hoping to get lucky on pace of play.

1 Like

I’d be down to come out for either of these rounds, just have to put the kid in daycare that day.

1 Like

@MorikawaForPres yeah hopefully with the long days plus starting early this would be doable to squeeze it in. And maybe get lucky if teeing off for the third round around 4 to beat the twilight rush.

1 Like

Has Lora Bay been mentioned as an alternative option to Cobble yet? Not as out of the way as Owen Sound and a better course imo. Still semi-private from what I know.

2 Likes

Would also break up a very Carrick heavy itinerary

You would need to re-work your day a bit but I could host you at Mad River in the afternoon.

3 Likes

Hey @MorikawaForPres - do this :arrow_up:

4 Likes

Co-sign. Both for the course and the company!

2 Likes

I listen to local knowledge lol, can do! Thanks for the invite, you guys are very kind.

I have not looked into Lora Bay actually. I’m a sucker for links so once I saw Cobble I just figured I’d go there. Between Lora Bay, Cobble, and Nest, which would you guys lean before Mad River?

I’d go Lora Bay, Thornbury/Collingwood are a nice spot as too, and it’s closer to Mad, so if you have some downtime, you’ll be able to find something to do besides just drive. I’m a bit biased because I worked there in 2013 and got to play it a lot, but it’s a fun track with some great holes.

And if you’re in Collingwood for lunch, check out TheSmoke if you’re into BBQ

1 Like

Just my opinion.
Mad River

The Nest

Cobble Beach

Lora Bay

3 Likes