Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Would love to join & appreciate the offer, thanks!

Tarandowah looks awesome, it is for sure being added to the itinerary as well. You guys have been right on it, thank you all!

2 Likes

Damn, I moved from Milton to Ottawa in April. Would have been nice to have someone to play with while I was there.

1 Like

I’d echo everything the gang has said, and just add that Lakeview - as long as it’s back to the full 18 being open in late July - is an absolute MUST.

If that timing would work, when you have your dates locked in reach out for a local guide / someone to book it as they have the dumbest booking system of any golf course on the planet. But it’s gotta be the #1 municipal offering in Canada. It’s that good.

2 Likes

I’d have said I was Hoot - North - Heathlands. But after my last round at Hoot I might be North - Heathlands - Hoot? Gosh, I don’t know. The end of Hoot is a bit of a letdown. Heathlands could be so much better if they dried it out a bit. North… I can remember the most holes, so is probably sneaky good? I should likely go play all 3 over a weekend at some point and dial in my opinions :rofl::rofl:

I long for the (before my time in ON) glory days when you could play all day for $150ish - it’s a helluva facility, but between price increases everywhere and covid it’s harder to pony up close to that for 18 on the weekend. But it really does have 3 properly great courses, however you split up 10 rounds.

4 Likes

We even seem to have a perpetual threesome ready to play looking for a fourth so would have been perfect!

The green fee should be $15 cheaper because of the parking lot-scape on 18.

3 Likes

It’s true. The 18th is stinky. But Hoot is still the best course imo. If I had to play just one that would be it. Plus 17 is majestic so kind of makes up for it.

I’d also add Piper’s Heath to the mix here as an option

2 Likes

@MorikawaForPres welcome! Hope you get to enjoy a nice trip to our lovely province (hope the traffic doesn’t ruin it for you). I think most of the guys covered things well here.

Roseland is a delight. Tarandowah is well worth the stop at. Whirlpool is one of my favourite municipal owned courses in Ontario, and it is located in Niagara Falls, so if you havent been that could be a decent stop for you. Lakeview is killer, but currently under some construction, I would avoid it until next year most likely.

TPC Toronto is your best public option in the province, no doubt about it (yes, play it over Eagles Nest, The Nest, Cobble, Muskoka Bay, etc…). I rank them Heathlands, Hoot, North - but they are all fairly close. My suggestion though is to play Hoot if you only have one round, it is most people’s favourite and probably the nicest looking.

However, if you can do Muskoka Bay that would be very good. It is a great course, I just would say TPC Toronto is much closer for you and also a better price. Could pair this with Taboo and/or do a stay and play at Rocky Crest which would make for a fun trip. But this is out of the way of the GTA.

Happy to have you out at Whistle Bear if you wanna come out, we are a busy club so some guest tee times are tough, but happy to accomodate however I can. @jimmay is down the road from me too at Deer Ridge as well.

3 Likes

@alhunter Wow, you guys are exceeding the Canadian nice reputation! I would love to join both of you out there. Any time I’m offered to play a private track I try to take advantage because who knows if I’ll ever have the chance again. If we are able to work something out I’d love to, if not, the offer is very appreciated. Course looks awesome!

Tentatively this is what I’m thinking right now. Probably a Th-M:

Day 1:
Roseland & maybe 1 other course depending on if I take a whole or half day off on the first day

Day 2:
Some combination of the kind offers from Whistle Bear, Deer Ridge & Tarandowah

Day 3:
Some combination of the kind offers from Whistle Bear, Deer Ridge & Tarandowah and potentially close the day out with Glen Abbey

Day 4:
(Ambitious…) play all 3 TPC Toronto courses

Day 5: head home! Maybe stop somewhere on the way home, but I should be gassed.

I’m a psycho who gets FOMO if I don’t take full advantage of my time, so I’m going to try and do it big! Definitely still a rough draft, but you guys have been a huge help, I’m excited!!

5 Likes

Looks good!

This might be tough if you’re out there on a weekend. But you can call the course and see if they’ll sort something for you.

That’s basically what I planned on. I might do F-Tu just so I can do that on a Monday, but also may roll the 3rd course over to the next morning. I’d love to get the replay rate though so I’m going to call and see what they say.

Also, looks like the north course used to be called the toot?? Why tf did that change??:joy: I would have played that one twice with a name like that.

1 Like

@MorikawaForPres let me know exact dates and i can slot you in no prob at DR

1 Like

Happy to have you out, just let me know dates and times you were thinking closer to when you come and I will see what I can do!

1 Like

I will definitely let you both know, thanks again for the offers!! Very kind of you both.

1 Like

Hello friends,

The Tussle paramutuel deadline is a week out, so we are coming to you from The Thrillhouse to share some insights with you from our partners at Bet519.

Enjoy!

11 Likes

The duck shirt is the new elephant print shirt @MerchCzar

3 Likes

Three spots up for grabs for The Tussle!

Played TPC North a few days ago on a perfect day. Liked it more than ever before.
Playing Hoot and Heathlands tomorrow in a rare double.
Glen Abbey is fine but:

— its slow
— carts only
— holes in the valley are much better than those on top
— its slow

4 Likes

How’s the pace?

4 Likes

Its slow
And has been since ‘77

2 Likes