Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Counterpoint: go buy something off the rack at Golf Town, and if that doesn’t work replace it with something else (preferably more expensive). Wash, rinse, repeat.

11 Likes

Edit: Read the fine print and Modern waives $100 fee if putter bought is more than $500.

Ok sure but who buys a $500 putter?

3 Likes

Allow myself to introduce… actually not myself. But there’s plenty of flatstick fans around here that have done that and a whole lot more.

1 Like

A putter fitting isn’t too complex. For the fee, you’ll end up with a style that suits you and your loft & lie numbers. From there it’s up to you if you want to drop the coin on what they recommend, or find whatever it is used/similar style and have it bent.

1 Like

Anyone with a putter than doesn’t have an insert

1 Like

Just want to drop in from the High Cotton Club and say I love the thread name. What a beaut. Cheers, y’all!

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I looked on modern golf and it said the price was $150 for the putter fitting with Quintic versus $100 with TXG. so I decided to go with TXG. Maybe I misunderstood (always a possibility) and I did not see the fine print on Modern Golf saying fee waived for purchases over $500

I have used a trackman for putting. Still gives you path numbers, launch, speed, smash factor and tempo or something (I think), and total distance. Not giving you quintic like numbers with face rotation, face angle and loft.

You will be happy with your fit at TXG. I did mine with John two years ago and he improved my putting so much just with some simple technique changes and an adjustment to my lie and loft. Didnt have to buy anything.

Just keep in mind it is best to explain to them what you are looking for (brand, price range, etc…). Don’t be afraid to speak your mind. They will get you dialed in based on those selections.

Please keep in mind when ordering a club basically anywhere you go it will take weeks or months to get it unless you pick it up off the shelf from Golf Town.

1 Like

About the club delay. Yeah, I’m dealing with that right now with TaylorMade. Got fitted for irons in February and the estimated delivery date then was end of March, now it’s June 23rd. So I am expecting the same kind of delay for a putter…although I bought wedges from Haywood in February and they came within three weeks.

1 Like

Me typing out the amount of clubs I’ve bought this year makes me think that I might have a problem

6 Likes

TXG just uploaded a putter fitting video today with MKBHD, might be worth checking out to help with prep

1 Like

Yeah its been a weird time. I got fit and ordered wedges from TXG three weeks ago. Was told 10-12 weeks. They showed up on Monday!

When I ordered my irons last year, they told me 2 months but it took 4 months. Seems very hit and miss

1 Like

We been TDC before Roosts were even a twinkle in Neil’s eye. Appreciate the appreciation and please, join us at The Tussle!

3 Likes

I don’t think the choke points are the same with putters. TXG is great and as @alhunter said just be honest and open with your fitter. Your gamer might be the one that needs adjusted and they will tell you that. Fit fee is worth it.

I have done two putter fittings on Quintic, one at Modern and one at TXG, but both with the same fitter. First time left with an Odyssey micro hinge and loved it. After 3 seasons (with a cover and being relatively careful with it) some of the micro hinges started to bend and stick out. They could be bent back but got in my head that this wasn’t going to last as long as I wanted it to in my bag. Went for another fitting and only stipulation was no insert. Ended up closer to the other end of the spectrum (apparently) for feel and its not leaving the bag (for now).

That random tangent aside, you are paying a fit fee for a reason so get your value for it.

2 Likes

I’ve got a fourball next weekend at Savannah booked for an 8:50AM tee off; two spots open if anyone is interested. Gotta get the Quota Round in right at the deadline.

1 Like

We are glad they came on time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Levelwear has their 40% off clearance items sale on. Code is SPRING40.

2 Likes