Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

We had a small group play on the GTA Am Tour last year - @thesaxemachine and @noslenod made a reappearance after a few years off to support me in my first tournament golf endeavours.

I had an absolute blast, and would be playing again if I didn’t move west. I believe a Duck Club contingent will be playing some events through there - those guys can chime in on what they decided though!

1 Like

Did your clubs make it back to you?

They did!!! Thank you for asking.
One week late.

1 Like

I made the trip over to Scotland in October.

The main tip I could have provided was around when/where to lock in your return PCR test, but now that you only need an antigen test it will be a little easier. Still, it can be a bit of a challenge to find a place to get tested outside of the urban areas, especially on weekends.

What is the BGA Tour?? I can’t find it just by googling. As a double digit handicap I doubt I’m playing it lol but interested to learn more!

I think @bcorbs means this https://bgatour.ca/

First I have ever heard of it and quite a setup they have going on over there.

2 Likes

Looks mostly like a drinking beer golf tour… Waitlist apparently.

1 Like

Must have hit enter 3 seconds before you lol

2 Likes

You know where else there will be drinking? The Bash at the Beach!

Be part of the first official Duck Club Roost event, and the team that is sure to crush those nerds from Mayhem.

6 Likes

THIS! Couple of spots left and would be good to meet some of the recent new members on here.

3 Likes

Yup kinda like beer league hockey. I’ve heard great things about it, so I jumped one the signups. Really excited to play Angus Glen and Glen Abbey.

Supposed to be a great time, doesn’t matter the handicap.

I’m not a big drinker, so it’s more about the golf too me.

EasyEveryChrysalis-max-1mb

6 Likes

I once saw it advertised as Anus Glen.

5 Likes

Glen Abbey may not be the best course but it’s fine and fun to play. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise

1 Like

Sure, but not at the price they charge. Hopefully our guy gets a hell of a discount with it being a league stop. Since he hasn’t played it (assuming based on post) then price is what it is, and I would say play it once to check it out for yourself.

As soon as the housing development starting building around there the courses went way downhill unfortunately.

I played GA at the end of April of a warm spring for $85. It was fine, some good holes and the history is kind of cool. Wouldn’t mind a go with the leaves on the trees. But it’s no better than a lot of courses that charge half or less their rate.

2 Likes

I played the North course there at the end of June. The conditioning was brutal for the price range, or really of any course I played last year.

If you’re playing the comp game, you’re always going to find better value, but on its own the course is fine, and there are deals to be had

When people don’t say terrible things about a Nicklaus Design project.

7 Likes