Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

@KevCarmichael

4 Likes

Possible early season outing at Pheasant Run?

2 Likes

If we adjusted for population there still has to be way more people here from Toronto, it’s crazy.

I saw a guy in an NLU hat at the Canucks game last week though which is the first time I’ve even seen someone who might actually know what this place is.

3 Likes

I miss living on the west coast. Lived in Vic for a year and after that I had a GREAT role where I would fly into Vancouver every other Wed. Would often stay for the weekend and fly home Sunday night. Oh the stuff we can do before kids and marriage :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Is Newmarket/Barrie the new KW?

6 Likes

You’ve had your time in the sun

2 Likes

It seems that way, but then when you live in Toronto. Everyone is actually in KW

4 Likes

Learned to play at Pheasant, Westview, RollingHills, Emerald Hills and Don Valley.

I actually grew up in north king (basically newmarket) Shawneeki is a sneaky track, especially for the price. On a side note one of my best friends just opened up a simulator facility in north Newmarket called “the bogey club” not sure if you’ve heard of it, but you should check it out. Smaller unit but the sims are pretty cool.

3 Likes

I’d be down for sure.

1 Like

Are you in Barrie days other than Monday? I play in a men’s league at Orr Lake GC every Monday lol but I am super down to meet some refugees and see more courses across Simcoe County and ON

1 Like

Can reach out any other times when I’m in town. Will be at least a couple. Months still… Lol

Do any Duck Club’ers have covid era travel tips? I have the nlu Scotland trip early April and been stressing about logistics. Layover in Newark so will need to go through covid loops for that even though other requirements have been lifted…current plan is to basically isolate ~10 days before leaving and hope for the best

Currently sitting in the airport headed back from Vegas. Did Hawaii last month. It’s pretty much just a bit of a gamble at this point if you’re boosted, we laid low before each trip and had no worries either time.

The only thing that’s tricky is making sure that your Covid test will give you the results back in time. Luckily now that antigen is allowed on the way back you get your results right away but lots of horror stories about people not getting PCR tests back in time due to the 72 hour window

1 Like

Have travelled fairly regular to US through the whole darn thing. We are getting to short strokes, now just proof of vaccine to fly and rapid test. My buddy found the best resource ever, for rapid testing from home. VirtualCare – MedioneRx And its only like $25!! They basically have a nurse watch you use your home test and then send appropriate paperwork. Appts easy to arrange especially now requirement is within 24 hours. Don’t be afraid to be responsible and wear a mask, even when no one else is! When in airports and/or planes, have a snack or drink so you can get a 5 min break from wearing mask. Stay safe!! Enjoy Scotland!!

6 Likes

Thanks! Believe it or not I’m still a covid test newbie so I think I’m going to go to a pro for my first test. Biggest stress right now is testing positive. Hoping the requirements get lifted but if not have 10 days scheduled of not really leaving my apartment :joy:

3 Likes

As a veteran, the tests are all the same. Get some home tests from your local grocery stores (they are hit and miss in Ontario due to stocking) and try a few at home to get comfortable. There are no home test requirements positive or negative. The rapid tests are in the nostril, not up the nasal cavity to where it pokes your brain :slight_smile: Totally a waste of $$ to do anything else!!

2 Likes

Any other Duck Club members playing the BGA tour in Ontario this summer? First year playing but looks like a riot.

Hey all,

We’ve noticed some new people around here lately looking to #getinvolved so wanted to bump this event at Cobble Beach on May 7-8.

There are still 2 spots available for what should be a great time!

4 Likes

Book an antigen test at the Shoppers Drug Mart near you with the appointment on the day before your flight.

1 Like