Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

I feel like Easter has a reasonable chance of golfing weather. There may have even been March golf last year.

1 Like

I’m intrigued

I decided that age 42 is the perfect time for a first trip across the Atlantic. Ireland itinerary shaping up nicely and I’m adding a quick stop in St. Andrews for a shot at the ballot and singles queue.

16 Likes

Slip Ballybunion in there on Aug 23!

No tee times available. I tried. Trust me.

Hit me up closer to your arrival Mark. Granite Club should be open on April 15th ish…

2 Likes

Lahinch is on your route down to Waterville from Sligo. It might be less busy.

But you probably know that.

For Ballybunion on Aug 23, I see the Cashen course has tee times starting at 0836 for 80€. If you bookthat tee time, you might fluke a round with three members or a member/caddie who could get you on the Old in the afternoon.

Other option is play the Old at 1 pm on Aug 25 after your Tralee round but you would need a 730 am time at Tralee to make both.

The people at Ballybunion are really nice. Might be worth a phone call, using some charm, etc. There may be a time that isnt available online that they might give you.

3 Likes

No Old Head?

6 Likes

Tom, you looking for company? Slightly joking.

1 Like

Stil choked the 'Vid cancelled our Ireland trip in 2020 - had a Lahinch time booked between wedding festivities. Although I will be rolling around the UK in May this year. Not purely golf, but likely aiming for some south Wales links action, probably a day at Formby, and then something in Scotland too. We’ll see.

This looks like a stunner of a trip, Tom - you’ll have a ball!

i used to work at Granite club when i was younger, great mcbroom track!

1 Like

Tom Kennedy, who did the no laying up tourist sauce trip put the itinerary together. I’m gonna ask him about the Cashen course. Lahinch was booked up. I’m not really a Barry Bagtag so the names of the courses aren’t THAT important to me. I’m really just stoked to see golf in another part of the world. And have a a few Guinness.

5 Likes

I work in Barrie couple days a week, often looking for a game Monday after work! Would be good to connect for some games!

1 Like

Those are all solid track IMO

1 Like

Looks amazing Tom. I’m dreaming about Ireland 2023!!

1 Like

So jealous of this trip. I’m hoping for a Scotland 2023 adventure.

2 Likes

Hey just want to say hello! I live just north of Toronto in the Newmarket area.

9 Likes

I’m in Newmarket as well. Where do you play your golf?

1 Like

Mainly Cardinal, but I’ve played a fair few around the area as well. I also play in Barrie a lot since my in-laws golf and they live there

1 Like

Nice. I use the range at Cardinal now and then. Maybe play Redcrest once a year. Most of my local golf is Ballantrae or Shawneeki. Check out the Tussle at Tarandowah thread for this summers marquee event.

4 Likes