Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Years ago my dad’s framing partner fell into the basement and broke his pelvis. Moral of the story I guess is don’t fall into the basement.

3 Likes

It’s a brutal fall and you’re guaranteed a major injury. Can’t imagine breaking your pelvis, though damn.

Anyone play much around the Barrie area?

1 Like

Worst was they originally didn’t notice the fracture on the x-rays and tried to discharge him. When this incredibly tough dude got up to walk out and started crying in pain they took a second look and and realized the mistake.

I really want to play The Nest this summer – have heard good things.

I think I would be the closest to you (on here so far) just north of Alliston. Looking forward to a game once you are able to swing a club again.

Also have played Orr Lake as part of a weekend in the area. Had a good time, plenty of beverages, and we all had the fish and chips special on the back patio too. Been meaning to go back and check it out again.

2 Likes

arrested-development-sad

I saw all the posts here and should’ve known better than to get my hopes up. Another ontario gui.

We’ll get there eventually alberta, it’s an exclusive club, which might be the best thing.

6 Likes

I’m probably the next closest, in Newmarket. I’m not up in Barrie much but it’s no further that other trips I make for golf.

1 Like

Let’s go Alberta, baby! Seriously - let’s get a wee crew together soon for some sim golf while we wait for the temps to make up their minds?

3 Likes

Not sure I’d travel for sim golf, anyone know if you can link up trackman sims? Remotely? Yeg vs cgy?

Just weeks now until the real deal too, early talk is underway for the QE2 meet up at wolf creek.

2 Likes

I am not sure if a Facility (TM license holder) can run tournaments outside of their own device(s). Best bet would be to take part in one of their Global Tournaments that run and compare scores. An early remote quota game of sorts before we get to do that outside.

2 Likes

I might do a quick Edm work run here soon - will absolutely let you know and pack the sticks!

Also, way in on a Wolf Creek extravaganza - need no persuading to do that.

3 Likes

Furthest south I’ve gone to play (from Sudbury) is Seguin Valley and The Ridge at Manitou near Parry Sound. Been meaning to check out The Nest as well

1 Like

Hoping for a spell of nice whether and early openings in Southern Ontario. Back in the GTA for Easter weekend and would really love to get a round in.

5 Likes

@thesaxemachine @toothndrivepuller Once I’m able to swing again to play a round with some folks in the Simcoe County area. I’ve never been north of Midland, but I’ve played Duntroon before, and I played Cardinal Redcrest last year with a big group of guys and that was fun, albeit a little pricey.

2 Likes

@toothndrivepuller you should go a bit further and join us for the Bash at the Beach.

1 Like

Are you in the Simcoe County area too? Or GTA?

I’m in Kitchener, aka the unofficial home of the Duck Club.

5 Likes

Live in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. 10:30 tee time on Saturday…forecast…sunny 12 degrees. We have had a decent stretch lately, but is nice after record rain and snow earlier this winter and last fall.

4 Likes

We can definitely get a round in, would love that!!

1 Like