Roll Call: Tampa Golfers

I used to live in Tampa and played it twice - I remember the practice facilities and course conditions being really good. With the three 9 hole routes you could mix and match 18 and probably not get bored for a very long time.

1 Like

Well looks like iā€™m late to reply, but itā€™s a good track that has always been in good condition when Iā€™ve played it. The different 9ā€™s have enough different holes to make it interesting. Hope it played well when you went out!

1 Like

Wanted to give this thread a bump,

Been around the area for three years now and always looking to tee it up with some good people.

4 Likes

Does anyone know of any weekday 9 hole golf leagues you would recommend?

After living in Wisconsin my entire life, my wife had the opportunity to transfer to St. Petersburg and we pounced on it. We are moving to the area in October and I am looking for 1. recommendations on golf (memberships/ good public courses) 2. area comments/suggestions 3. would love to meet some new people as I am abandoning all of my regular playing partners/friends/family/amazon delivery driver. TIA. Eric

2 Likes

Eric,

Will you be living in St Pete or Tampa?

St. Pete area. Havenā€™t locked in a place yet but thatā€™s what itā€™s looking like.

@ERM33 Sorry - Iā€™m super late to this thread. There is a 9 hole league that operates in Carollwood. Iā€™ve played as an alternate a few times. Not too shabby. You can check it out here.

Also - standing invite to any Refugee to play at Tampa Palms Golf & CC any time. Just DM me and weā€™ll get it sorted.

4 Likes

Cross-posting to get the word outā€¦

5 Likes

Awesome, thank you. Iā€™ll have to check it out.

In terms of public / semi-private, Mangrove Bay, Dunedin CC and Seminole Lake CC are my favorites. Wonā€™t comment on memberships because I have some biases present there, but Pelican GC and Belleair CC are the prestigious ones, both Donald Ross layouts, along with Dunedin.

Thanks for the info @fastball811. Seminole Lake CC looked close to some of the houses we are looking at. Good to hear that itā€™s a good course. Seems like Dunedin came up quite a few times on this thread as well.

Is this still available to register for? I love me some worl woods

1 Like

For sure! The more the merrier. All are welcome.

1 Like

Cā€™mon now! Thatā€™s the enthusiasm we like to see! 2020 Shut lets go!

Not a Tampa golfer, but headed towards Tarpon Springs end of November and the wife said I can take the clubs and get a couple rounds in (first thing in the morning of course). Any suggestions? Not looking for a beat down, but also donā€™t want it to be super easy. Thank you all!

In that area Fox Hollow is probably your best bet. RTJ, Sr. design. Hosted quite a few USGA qualifiers over the years. Crescent Oaks is ok. Innisbrook, which hosts the PGA tour event, isnā€™t far either.

1 Like

Looking to join Hunters Green in Wesley Chapel. Was curious if theres anyone out there on here that might be members

I was wondering why the pace of play was so bad at world woods last weekend. Now it makes sense lol

I live in Palm Harbor and my local favs are Dunedin Tarpon Springs, and Cove Cay. I also like to play Mangrove Bay and Crescent Oaks. I look forward to any meet ups.

1 Like