Roll Call: Tampa Golfers

How’s April 25th work? Obviously a ways out but maybe put it on the radar and we can figure it out.

1 Like

In!

2 Likes

I would be interested if there is a spot, however, I won’t know my availability until we are closer to the date.

I could maybe do later in April. Have some work trips coming up so depends on that.

Unfortunately I will be out of the country from mid-April to mid-May. Hopefully I can join some time after I get back.

Anyone play the Paradise Golf weekend league? I’m interested but honestly I’m just looking for a smallish group that plays like only one or two weekends a month, trying out different courses/various games.

Out on the 25th, in on the 11th

Walked 18 at cypress this afternoon, and it was fantastic! Didn’t see anyone after hole 7 and played right at 3 hrs. $35 can’t beat it. Course was in great shape, greens rolled so true!
Now the decision is to go back or find a new track for tomorrow afternoon…

That’s great to hear. Haven’t played there but will add to my list!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

If you’re looking for another course around that area, Sandpiper is like 2 minutes down the road from Cypress Creek. It’s a 27-hole course that they alternate 9’s to keep it in decent condition. I don’t think it’s the same caliber course as Cypress Creek, but it is still fun. It plays fairly short with small greens. Being in Sun City, it’s mostly retirees and snowbirds out there in the morning.
https://sandpiper.clublink.com/

If you can venture further south to Bradenton, Waterlefe is a really cool track. As you can guess by the name, there is water in play on just about every hole. It’s right off the Manatee River. I haven’t been there in about a year, so unsure on current condition. Their site has a good hole-by-hole tour and flyover videos if you want to check it out.
http://www.waterlefegolfandriverclub.com/

Okay waterlefe was on my list of courses to possible check out. I dont know if I brought enough golf balls on this trip for all these water holes.

I got out and played cypress creek for the first time this week. Wow. Can’t believe I never knew about this course. Greens were phenomenal. Great experience, will be back for sure.

Yeah…love Cypress. Will be out there next weekend.

Greeting from NE FL,

@Hwhite and I are planning on practicing some social distancing (kinda like the Big Guy below) as well as getting in a round at Streamsong Black on Saturday. I thought I’d start here and gauge the room to see if anyone was interested?

Also per the pro shop at Streamsong, cups are in (upside down) and sounds like they are booking every other tee time to give everyone their space.

2 Likes

JCO is a good dude. Anybody who is free on Saturday should go play the black with them.

In other news, I played Rocky Point last weekend and loved it. It was golf the way it was meant to be played. Drop $20 in a bucket. Walking only. Course is baked out and super dry, which is rare for Rocky Point. The green surrounds were cut down pretty low as well. Just a tick above “fairway” height. Made chipping extremely challenging. Greens were rolling pretty well too. Course still has some awful holes, but an overall fun experience.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to support the caddie program :wink:

4 Likes

Ohh Im so down to head out to Streaming this Saturday. What time are y’all thinking?

Played on Saturday with my fiance’s step dad and was surprised how fast and smooth the greens were for $20. Course isn’t great but still enjoyable. Might have to play again this weekend since it’s only a 5 minute drive.

Yeah it’s probably the best I’ve ever seen it. The course seems to be more seasonal/variable in how wet it gets compared to others that are just fairly wet year round or soggy for a few days after a heavy rain. The place is saturated from the months of July to December then gets really dry this time of year.

1 Like

I was blown away by the roll on some of the fairways, felt like I was in England again getting 100 yards of roll. I hit a punch hook 4 iron around a tree that I was hoping would go about 200 yards to give me a decent 3rd on a par 5 and it went over the green about 280 because it was so baked out. Got a lot a spin on the greens as well which I didn’t expect because I’m not compressing the ball great. It’s not a course where you can really prep for tourney golf or anything like that but it’s a nice course to walk and even with a decent amount of water you aren’t at risk of losing too many balls which is nice. Definitely pleasantly surprised by the quality/enjoyment.

Imagine if they hired the guys that redid the WP9, they could make it so fun.