Roll Call: Tampa Golfers

Heading down to Tarpon Springs area next week 20-26. I have only ever played Wentworth while down there which was meh. Any courses I should be looking to try as a single?

Would love to join if anyone is playing that week.

I just booked 2 spots for myself and a friend at Dunedin on Monday 3/21, 10:34 tee time. Iā€™m down in this area for spring break most years. We played here last year and really enjoyed it. Youā€™re welcome to join us.

2 Likes

I am in. Thanks for the invite. I will send you a DM.

Who is going to the Valspar Saturday?

Iā€™m going on Friday

looking for golf course recs in Tampa/Sarasota area, annual family trip to Siesta Key in April, the new Streamsong tee time rule for resort guests only is killing the vibe! Weā€™ve made day trips up tgere the last 7 years. donā€™t mind traveling 1.5-2 hours, is World Woods Pine Barrens worth the trip? anyone know how the condities are right now?

Played it with @DrJ last month, thought it was absolutely worth the visit. Pretty good shape (much better than what others had warned me about), very cool layout. Definitely doesnā€™t feel like Florida and it really lives up to the ā€˜Pine Barrensā€™ name.

3 Likes

anyone at Valspar today? walking around out here

2 Likes

Hey @EdEddEddie, thereā€™s a group of 7 of us playing Dunedin at 8am shotgun start on Sunday morning and we have room for 1 more if youā€™d like to join and meet up with some of the guys in the area.

3 Likes

Count me in!

2 Likes

Awesome. See you Sunday bright and early!

1 Like

I have a fourth spot in the First Tee scramble at Rogers Park on Friday at 8:30 if anyone would like to join. Just shoot me a DM. My treat.

1 Like

Iā€™m in.

1 Like

The spot is @DrJā€™s!

1 Like

Iā€™m on the advisory board too so Iā€™ll see you guys there!

3 Likes

Iā€™m coming down to Tampa for a wedding in a couple of weeks and looking to get in a round while Iā€™m in town. Do you all any recommendations of courses that would be worth checking out not too far from downtown? Thanks in advance for the tips!

If you belong to a club wherever you live, have your pro reach out to St. Petersburg Country Club. My family has a place in St. Pete that I use 2-3 times a year and SPCC normally can fit me in if I / my pro give them enough notice when Iā€™m coming down.

Public / GolfNow you can probably get on at Westchase Golf Club. Iā€™ve played there a handful of times and it is solid for the value. A little more target golf as some of the par 4s force you to take less than driver.

1 Like

Playing Lake Jovita South course this weekend. Heard great things.

2 Likes

I played there in January and loved it.

How was Jovita? Been about a year since I played it? Cannot wait for rates to start dropping as temps rise!

1 Like