Roll Call: Tampa Golfers

Between there and Buckhorn i’m sure it’s a few. Want to try to schedule a Nest meetup?

1 Like

Would anyone like join @andrewf and myself playing the Bayou Club on Saturday 3/20 at 8:10?

1 Like

I am in fishhawk and would be down. I am still trying to find my game after a few years hiatus. Been looking at doing the development program membership at River Hills

Seems like there are a couple of us out here. I’ve got my towels on my bag and a sticker on truck, say hey if you see me out. I’m normally out 2-3 times a week practicing or playing.

Hi y’all quick question. Going to be down in the Tampa/Clearwater area later this week and looking to play some golf. Is Innisbrook worth it? We’ll be renting a car so I don’t mind the drive up to it. But $325 seems like a steep price for the Copperhead course, no? Is there a better value at the resort or better just to avoid it all together?

Drive 15-20 minutes further and play the Streamsong courses for $300 if you are willing to walk yourself or use a push cart and those are exponentially better than the courses at Innisbrook.

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks, man!

Save yourself a bunch of time and money and play Dunedin.

4 Likes

In case any of haven’t heard, there’s apparently a state of emergency due to an old phosphate mine that’s going to collapse and affect the local water. Reading more into it now but wanted to make sure all in the area were aware

1 Like

The mining activities that created Streamsong also created this.

2 Likes

Yikes.

1 Like

The Claw isn’t good, but always disappointing to see another golf course on the chopping block

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2021/04/06/usf-seeks-developer-ideas-for-700plus-acres.html

1 Like

Just got to St. Pete’s and going to stay for a month (04/11 - 05/11). Anyone frequent Mangrove Bay and want to get a game in…let me know. – Chris

I am putting together a golf trip to Sarasota in early Oct. we have lodging but looking for recommendations on courses to play, must see. Any recs would be appreciated!

1 Like

IMG Academy course is fun as hell cc @2ndGuyStripeShow

Also Esplanade at Azario was pretty solid

Depending on how many people, I can host at Sara Bay

1 Like

What’s up, everyone? I’m Tampa-adjacent in Lakeland. If anyone is looking for a game out this way, let’s get together. We’ve got some nice courses like Eaglebrooke, Grasslands, and Lone Palm (the latter two are private but accessible). Also, the muni is pretty solid.

4 Likes

thanks @jaxson86 for bumping this thread

come to my event on June 27

that means you @TB3Golf, @NoLayovers, @2down, @Twirls4TheGirls et al

3 Likes

Im working on it!

1 Like

After last week’s Zurich classic, I’ve been rolling around an event idea in my head and was wondering if it is something people would be interested in, and if it would work and be fun. What I’m thinking about is doing a 2 person alt-shot stroke play event. However for this event the teams created somewhat randomly. People wouldn’t need/get to sign up as a team. Instead, once people were signed up, all entrants would be broken into 4 groups based on handicap: Low, Mid-Low, Mid-High, High. Teams would then be created by randomly pairing people from groups with “Lows” paired with “Highs”, “Mid-Lows” with “Mid-Highs”. Then teams play 18 holes of alt-shot and best overall score wins.

I’d imagine the handicap groups would need to be a bit fluid and would be determined once people were registered to get even numbers of people in each.

Thoughts? Would this be something that would be fun? Would it work? Flaws? Is this someone anyone would be interested in doing here in the Tampa area?

4 Likes