Roll Call: Tampa Golfers

That would be awesome. I just feel terrible for whomever gets paired with me!

2 Likes

Same. This is my question. As a terrible golfer, I think this could be a lot of fun. But maybe it wouldnā€™t be fun for the low cappers. But maybe it could be. I can make a good swing ever other time!

I also think it could be a fun way for refugees who donā€™t know each other to get to know one another. It could be wild getting your pair, figuring out who is gonna tee off on the odds and evens, and figuring out where to leave shots for the other person and play together.

Sounds fun - Iā€™d be down.

Last minute I know, but I have an extra ticket to the Valspar for tomorrow. me and @kblewis14 are going to go cheer Max Homa on to his second victory of the year. PM me if you want to go.

1 Like

I would be interested.

@kblewis14 @EricF @Twirls4TheGirls Cool, glad itā€™s not the dumbest idea in the world. Would people be interested in it being an organized event on here? Or should the 4 of us just get together sometime and play some alt shot?

I could certainly take the lead on organizing an event, but would welcome input and support if anyone is interested.

I would be totally open to any format. It would also be fun to get maybe a Ryder cup style event pitting the east side of the bay against the west side. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s enough players on either side but Iā€™d be more than happy to help in planning.

4 Likes

Iā€™m down for either. We can always get a test run foursome and I also like the Battle of the Bay idea. Westsideeeee.

3 Likes

Smells like a duel brewing east coast vs west coast potentially.

In terms of formatting Iā€™d be more inclined for a modified pinehurst format.

3 Likes

What if we had west, east, and central Florida four players from each area play a little three way standoff

9 Likes

East vs West Bowl

Team Fudge

1 Like

A ReFLuge Cup perhaps?

Team North, South, East, and West dueling for supremacyā€¦

6 Likes

You need to draw a map as I could be South or East. Is Jax North or East etcā€¦ Then we can start the gerrymandering for team players.

6 Likes

My proposal. Lets DUEL.

9 Likes

Feeling very torn between defending my homeland and Palatka or my current residence of Tampa. The 1860ā€™s must have been brutal.

6 Likes

I have to admit Iā€™m thrilled nobody has taken shots at my map yet. As a Native Floridian I wasnā€™t worried about being exposed, but itā€™s the Refuge, so you never know what geographical alliances you may offend.

4 Likes

Which region has the best golf courses?

Iā€™m going with West, although much of it is inaccessible to the common man.

West, final answer.

What if we picked somewhere centrally located, I feel like OCN could be an option

7 Likes