Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

@Jrembold any chance you could bring along my stickers to your simulator league tonight?? I will send my money with @Long_Left_Logan and get them from him.

2 Likes

Under protest… @Nickygifts

7 Likes

100% chance

2 Likes

There will be stickers and patches at Sim League tonight. Venmo @jonathan-rembold for stickers and venmo @chris-marziani for patches

3 Likes

Is there any interest in logo balls? I play Vice pro plus so that would be an easy yes from me but if anyone has other suggestions I’d be happy to place the order

3 Likes

Possibly in. Way way way in on the ballmarkers I saw discussed in the roost merch megathread.

3 Likes

I think we are waiting for @Darikashi to defeat the raccoon before those get done

1 Like

I don’t necessarily need some but would buy balls with the logo if an order was placed

1 Like

Is anyone planning to walk instead of ride for Beads and Birdies? Or know of a reason why walking would be a problem? There’s a decent chance I’m missing an obvious reason that walking would be a bad idea but it crossed my mind to help stay warm and be off the cart path.

2 Likes

We walked last year - only issue is that someone will yell “the course is closed today for an event” when you walk by the clubhouse and will not understand when you tell them you know, you’re playing in the event, and that you’re walking.

8 Likes

So I called the course today - @ajwwm9 is now in the lineup replacing @Moon

I also inquired on the “conditions that would cause the event to be postponed”, given Thursday’s forecast. As you’d expect the shop wouldn’t give a definitive answer, just stated they’d do everything they could to play the event as scheduled.

As some will recall, last year’s event was postponed 1 week due to a storm that dropped a couple inches earlier in the week and hadn’t melted as of the tournament day. I suspect they’ll make a call on Friday.

5 Likes

tmp

1 Like

BTW - if they postpone a week I won’t be able to play. I know we’ll be able to get a refund, but heads-up if anyone else is in the same boat and we need to shuffle teammates.

2 Likes

I’ll be in need of a partner if it gets postponed a week.

1 Like

(not liking that you’ll be out… but recognizing the need to potentially reshuffle and/or recruit proxies)

Side note - my wife will be SUPER pissed since she was planning to go on a road trip this weekend given the schools are out Fri/Mon, which this event put the kibosh on. Which would mean then that we could go on a roadtrip, except any place she wants to go is now booked.

TL/DR - don’t expect a welcoming wife if stopping by the Marz Workshop for a little clubwork for a few days…

7 Likes

In the event that it isn’t postponed (or I suppose even if it is), are we doing anything extra on our end? A little side action or competition among our 6 teams?

Just want to get an idea of whether or not @Jrembold and I need to be draymond.gif’ing or not…

5 Likes

Knowing nothing about @ajwwm9, I can only guarantee that we’re going to have fun. And win. Have fun and win.

5 Likes

Maybe you can learn what ajwwm9 means? My money is on “after joyous whiffs, we make 9”.

Looks like a win may not be in the cards for you guys…

6 Likes

Hello all,

I was contemplating on getting a season pass for Gateway this year and was curious to see if anyone has had any experience with it?

2 Likes

Anyone planning on attending the indoor sym golf this Thursday barring weather catastrophe? Newbie who has a hall pass to join. :raising_hand_man: