Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

Will you be at Sim League?
  • Yes 5:00
  • Yes 6:30
  • No

0 voters

Hi All - I had the honor of representing the Confluence Golf Club in the Roosts captainsā€™ meeting last night - big shoes to fill for our guy - @Jrembold !).

Since we got a lot of action going here between non-Roost tournaments, Sim league and other chatter (its SOOO good seeing more and more folks active!), we are going to move all ROOST specific conversation into the Roost thread itself.

Iā€™ll post the updates from last night hereā€¦ https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/confluence-gc-google-doc-and-homepage/66383/3?u=chrismarz

Which will also have a quick update on the merch process - here - https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/merchandise/68565?u=chrismarz

If you donā€™t have access - let @Jrembold know and he can add you

Thanks!!!
Marz

5 Likes

Did the Dads bully us out of going full contrarian?

No - this was my suggestion. Like the rivers of the Confluence itself, many different streams were coming together here. I didnā€™t want those pop-up notes about weekend games, random scrambles/tourneys or sim league to get washed out by Roost talk or updates as it gets rolling.

I donā€™t think weā€™ll have more than 2 or 3 roost threads as the plan would still be to do all the heavy lifting in the Google Doc.

2 Likes

This is definitely the way. Our overall ā€œsmall market teamā€ mentality will stay the same. Donā€™t over complicate, have fun, beat any other roost so badly that they immediately sell their clubs and never golf again. Pretty simple stuff

6 Likes

Definitely just teasing - fully support this!

1 Like

Looking like weā€™ll have 6 players at 6:30 and only three at 5:00. Looking forward to it. And @wjames do you have a partner?

I do not!

@jpbncf do you have a partner?

Given the winter weather advisory that was just sentā€¦ Thursday may be hairy.

1 Like

Yes - @jrer34

2 Likes

Ahh yes thatā€™s right!

Andā€¦ā€¦ my babysitter just canceled due to a covid exposure. Between that and weather, Iā€™ll try again next time.

1 Like

NOTE FROM FOREST PARK:

Good Morning Golfers,

Thank you for participating in the 2022 BEADS AND BIRDIES GOLF TOURNAMENT! If you are receiving this email you are the Captain for your team. Please pass this email along to your playing partner. I have listed some last minute details for the tournament this Saturday. We strongly recommend you dress appropriately for weather conditions. If you have any other questions feel free to send me an email. Otherwise I will see you all on Saturday. The pro shop will open for sales at precisely 9:00am**. As of right now we are still on for our event. I will be making a decision tomorrow if the rain/snow will make the course unplayable ā€“ but plan on being here, ready to play for the 10am shotgun start.**

Location: Forest Park Golf Course, 6141 Lagoon Drive St. Louis, MO 63112.

Registration: We will have local apparel company, Series Six joining us for registration this year! If you need some Mardi Gras themed apparel for the tournament or the Grand Parade next week on the 26th ā€“ they will have some awesome options! They will be here from 830am until 10am. Once I send the pairings list tomorrow there will be no need to physically check in (unless you have not already prepaid for your team). Your carts will bet with your names in them.

Breakfast: Breakfast will be located in The Champions Room. We will have donuts and coffee available. The bar will open for cash sales starting at 9:00am. Additionally, there will be a beverage cart driving around the course throughout your round.

Golf: We will be playing 18 holes. I will be sending out pairings tomorrow ā€“ course rotations chosen at random. Format is a 2 person scramble with a 10:00am shotgun start. We will be on the tee at 10:00am sharp. Please be in your golf carts at 9:45am. We will have 1 closest to the pin contest and 1 longest drive for each 9 hole course. I can already tell you now, that unfortunately we will be CARTH PATH ONLY.

Scoring: This year we will be using the Golf Genius App for scoring. One person out of your group must use the app to score your 18-hole event. Download the Golf Genius App on your smartphone. The pairing list will include a GGID code next to your team, this will serve as your log-in. Captains, please assure scorecard is correct on golf genius app once you have completed your round ā€“ Donā€™t forget to put in your last hole!

Lunch: A Mardi Gras themed lunch will also be located in The Champions Room after the round. Keep a good pace out on the course for we have lunch scheduled around 2:30pm.

Inclement Weather/Cancellation Policy:

The Beads & Birdies Scramble is an annual event played in all playable weather conditions. Additionally, the 2022 Beads and Birdies Scramble is sold out with a substantial amount of players on a waiting list. Consequently, cancellations must be made 24 hours in advanced in order to receive a refund. Due to the high demand, we will NOT issue a refund for cancellations within 24 hours or on the day of. If the golf course is deemed unplayable due to excessive rain or snow and/or is unsafe due to dangerously low temperatures, then the event will be postponed to a later date. In this case, cancellations and refunds will be allowed if your party cannot attend the alternate date.

Looking forward to the Saturday! Thanks again and wear those beads!

2 Likes

Looking outside now, I think weā€™re playing. Ground is still warm and thereā€™s going to be so much water that no snow is going to stick. Going to be soggy and freezing, but I think weā€™re on.

Of course we get the 30* weather and itā€™ll be 60* the next day.

3 Likes

With more snow possible next week, the parade over the weekend - they are going to be pretty aggressive with the final call (if I was guessing).

In the words of my golf coach ā€œMarzianiā€¦ need you to be a mudder out thereā€

Speaking of mudding it. Still just rain here so sim league is a go

Sleet has started here, but itā€™s the temp drop Iā€™m watching over the next few hours.

This part is slightly concerning given whatā€™s on the ground right now:

@Nickygifts @jrer34 @Long_Left_Logan @anon43372372 @jpbncf

I know itā€™s still early but if the consensus is no go please let me know as soon as you know so I can tell ballwin

2 Likes