Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

I would also add, whatever the monthly dues are, just double it for budgeting purposes. between beers, pro shop, a cart here and there, it adds up. And I would ask the club and members about the clubs history with Assessments.

You guys still need a 4th?

1 Like

All set, sorry. Rally up another few and letā€™s take 1st and 2nd.

(You guys can have second.)

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never played Old Hickory but some friends have a number of times and are not big fans. They say its target golf with narrow fairways and water everywhere. Sounds like a low cap privilege course.

I played one of the Whitmoor courses (the shorter of the two) in a scramble and the course layout was not good. May have been the tee boxes we played that day but I wasnā€™t a fan. Two that stand out a few years later were a short par 5 that bends 90* right with trees blocking the dogleg so forces a layup off the tee and a 240 yard downhill par 4 that has a sign saying donā€™t go for the green. I think there were two other short par 4s that I drove the green so not really a course that is going to work all the clubs in your bag.

Just looked at the satellite view of Old Hickoryā€¦ You werenā€™t kidding about water everywhere. Mid capper here, with the big right miss very much in play, so that looks terrifying.

Along those lines, it seems like Whitmoor has houses lining many of the fairways. How claustrophobic does it feel? Hate having to worry about hitting into someoneā€™s backyard/breaking a window. Not to mention the less than ideal aesthetic.

Sounds like PW is the front-runner. Iā€™ll have to see about getting out for a round sometime.

Persimmon is the best course in that area. I used to work at Old Hick back in the day so it has a soft spot in my heart. I like it but Persimmon is the best course and practice facility around.

Bogey hills is a cool social club, and the course is always in amazing shape(some of the best greens around). The range isnā€™t greatā€¦but killer clubhouse and lively social atmosphere.

If I were ever to join a place on ā€œthis side of the riverā€ strictly for the golf and practice it is persimmon hands down though.

Anyone know of a place locally that may be able to restore a set of persimmon woods? I came across my old set recently and thought it might be fun to get them out this spring, but donā€™t want to go through the effort/expense of shipping them out of town to get worked on. Need some face inserts, screws and a reshaft (not clue how to redo that threading on the old persimmon hosel). Thanks!

Wellā€¦ we survived the frozen open today and I have feeling in all extremities! Tons of great shots by @anon43372372 @Jrembold and @Nickygifts ā€¦ conditions were really, REALLY tough out thereā€¦

Also, we found out that thereā€™s gonna be a 2man in Feb (2/20), Mardi Gras themed at Forest Park.

I didnā€™t snag the flier so trying to get the info and share. Would be cool to get a bunch of teams!

3 Likes

I forgot all about that until your note. I canā€™t even imagine playing today based on what I woke up too. All the credit for going out in that mess today.

1 Like

Next upā€¦

6 Likes

Hiiiii, in. Should have new clubs by then, so I assume Iā€™ll have my stock yardages 100% dialed.

1 Like

Iā€™m in as well! Iā€™ll do whatever it takes for beads

2 Likes

Iā€™m hearing rough support for 3 teamsā€¦ Iā€™ll call today and see if I can reserve 3 consecutive spots, and figure pairing out later.

3 Likes

I reserved us 4 teams - all starting together (2 foursomes). I know not all of the below are confirmed, but this is what I have.

@DivotPatterns & @Rthompki
@chrismarz & @Moon
@Jrembold & @anon43372372
@Nickygifts & @Jake_skud

Let me know if you might be interested in case thereā€™s a drop out, or if I should be trying to get us a 5th NLU teamā€¦

Thanks!

6 Likes

I fully expect at least my PGA2K21 partner @Jrembold and Bradleyā€™s own @chrismarz to make the trek up north if their schedules allow.

3 Likes

I knew video games would get me somewhere. Iā€™m signed up for an event! And nowhere near the waitlist

1 Like

Do you even know how many parents you just proved wrong?

3 Likes

How we looking crew? I suspect I have to confirm our groups shortlyā€¦

@DivotPatterns & @Rthompki
@chrismarz & @Moon
@Jrembold & @anon43372372
@Nickygifts & @Jake_skud

Its not looking good for me

3 Likes

All good man - baby watch in full effect! Good luck!

Any interested alternates out here???

1 Like