Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Pretty limited resort times. They are going to keep most of the resort play on the current course. Second is mostly member play.

1 Like

Fantastic.

1 Like

Regional roost championship 2024 at the new course. Book it.

5 Likes

Looking for a good way to kill 8 hours in Columbia. We rescued a pup and have to bring him back down for a nut chop on Wed, 3/9. Dropping the little man off towards Irmo at 8:30 and pick him up by 5:00. Where should I try and play? Local food and beer recs also greatly appreciated. Zepp thanks you in advance.

1 Like

hmmm. to be very frank public golf in Columbia is a bit lackluster and Irmo doesn’t have a course close by.

Oak Hills
Linrick
Golden Hills

Would all be good options. There is no real food options near Oak Hills or Linrick so I would venture downtown or back towards Irmo for a late lunch/Drinks.

Craft and Draft in Irmo is fun with small bar menu. Plenty of Chains as well. Just depending on what you’re looking for.

3 Likes

If I were to get my pro to make a call where should I try? I don’t mind driving. Looks like Columbia CC is only 30min from where I need to drop off/pick up. Any others worth a look?

Columbia is probably the best bet in the area given your time so I’d go with that.

Other public options not mentioned are Northwoods (it’s ok) Charwood (maybe less ok) and Indian River (not ok).

1 Like

If you have a pro that can call I’d play

Forest Lake (depends on your club you’re coming from)
Columbia
Lexington

2 Likes

If you’re 30 from CCC you’re probably similar length from Cobblestone

1 Like

Haven’t been on the refuge in quite some time… anyone else playing in The King Tide coming up?

1 Like

The Muni is alive and ready to reject the entire Cannon’s roost. Soon

11 Likes

The fellas below nailed it. Columbia doesn’t really have a great public option, so you’ll need a pro to set you up. Best options are all 20-45 minutes from downtown as follows:

East of town = Camden CC
West of town = CC of Lexington
North of town = CCC
South of town = Orangeburg CC (a bit of a hike)

Downtown has a few good beer spots. If it’s nice out, Savage Brewery is a great spot, nice views and outdoor bar. The Hangar is also a real cool spot downtown with great beer and good pub food.

Here’s your recommended itinerary:

• drop off dog
  • commute to Camden CC (private)
  • play 18 (usual pace is 3:00 flat)
  • commute back to the hangar
  • have a couple beers and a pizza
  • pick up dog
4 Likes

This is literally the perfect day.

6 Likes

If he’s out in Irmo that is quite a drive

1 Like

Musgrove Mill might be an option too.

2 Likes

Good call, your northwest of the city option.

1 Like

Anything for you city folk is a drive.

Its an hour. He has nothing else to do…

5 Likes

Occ is in great winter shape right now FYI. Greens just got cut down and were rolling great last weekend. Great week of weather too.

1 Like

@pe2 and I will be there

Mt. Pleasant, SC golfer here. I’ve just gotten back into golf about a year ago after a couple year hiatus and thankfully have discovered No Laying Up. I came across the Low Country Boil refuge event and had to immediately sign up as a Nest member to join this amazing community. If anyone is interested in playing golf in the area let me know! I typically play Wild Dunes, Dunes West, RiverTowne, Charleston National and make the trek to James Island for the Muni.

4 Likes