Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Hello all. New member to the Nest, excited to be here and hoping to get plugged in with some other golfers around the area! I live and work in Lexington, SC, and typically play in the Columbia/Sumter area. My game has been on a bit of a pause recently with the birth of my daughter, but I’m hoping to get back out there this summer for more rounds. I’m currently a 14 handicap, hoping to get down to a 10 in 2022.

How do I get plugged in as a member of the Roost? I’d love to be in the loop on any future events!

4 Likes

SC golfers, trying to decide my final round for Masters week, would be Monday afternoon, already got a morning time at Greenwood CC courtesy of @dmmcgaha . Is the drive from Greenwood (lodging) down to Aiken GC worth it? Place looks amazing and prices are enticing. Other choices include Monticello/Tara (leaning towards one but reserving opinion until I hear others) in the SLV or Arrowhead Pointe over in GA.

2 Likes

It’s Aiken all day.

I’m very Biased. They do charge more Masters week FYI.

3 Likes

I’m with Luke on this one. Go to Aiken. Not sure what their Masters Week prices are but the place is so much fun.

2 Likes

Have you payed CC of Lexington yet? I’d be glad to host you there. There is also a Roost event there this summer.

Aiken it is. Thanks gents

1 Like

Isn’t Palmetto open for public play during Masters Week? If money isn’t an object…

2 Likes

Group I’m going with wouldn’t pony up that much with all the other stuff we are doing. Was on the list but no way we could swing 350/person, even with all the “included” stuff

It’s $350 now?!?! SHRINK THE FUCKING GAME

2 Likes

What is palmetto during masters week? Still haven’t played there might be worth it?

$350/pp. still a steal IMO.

4 Likes

lol at this.

6 Likes

When @dclthomas and I had to duck multiple times at the Par 3 course in Greenville last week, I couldn’t help but think that @tigergolftraveler would endorse me yelling “SHRINK THE GAME” at the heavens

3 Likes

Hahaha I will admit I missed the direction they were going. Idk why I thought they were talking about Aiken. My bad.

1 Like

Wear a helmet out there!

1 Like

@Paden strong suit has never been reading.

3 Likes

Playing golf hasnt been either, but yet here we are.

6 Likes

Don’t ever change.

1 Like

Riverton Pointe non resident: $5k; $550/mo just FYI for future searches

1 Like

Hey guys, coming in from near Chicago and only have time for 1 round. We narrowed it down between Thistle (help me with which 9 to play), Barefoot Norman or Barefoot Dye.

Can anyone help us choose?