Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

I also agree on Heritage (a bit biased got married there).

1 Like

Legends has 3 courses: Heathlan, Parkland & Moreland and offers rounds at Oyster Bay & Heritage. Thanks for the advice guys, might add Caledonia or True Blue in the afternoon after Heritage. Any recommendations on the other courses would be much appreciated as well

2 Likes

Caledonia suffered some damage to some of their greens last fall - might be a while before they are back to a condition youd expect at that price point.

I have heard great things about Pawley’s Plantation and Thistle.

That’s good to know about Caledonia.

I have also heard great things about Thistle. Although I would avoid Pawley’s Plantation, it’s normally in nice condition but it is so narrow off the tee that I have never enjoyed any round I played out there.

Going down to Charleston in a few weeks for Bachelor party. Doing SEWE on Saturday, but staying in West Ashley so looking for dinner recommendations in that area or convenient to that area. Looking for something nice but not too too nice (not Hall’s or anything like that).

Also, if a Charleston resident books a tee time at the Muni, do they have to show up and play? How does this process work? One of my groomsmen lives on James Island, but doesn’t play golf. Potentially playing Muni on Sunday on way out of town and just wanted to see what the process was.

There’s a Home Team BBQ in West Ashley.

We like this place:

https://elliscreekfishcamp.com/

Nothing fancy but great views and fun for the family. I’d probably head downtown though for meals if it were me.

1 Like

Paging @LukeBoatright

1 Like

food in West Ashley is not my specialty. I will ask someone with more knowledge @bluehose

Leon’s is not too over priced.

I think Lewis BBQ and Rodney Scotts are both must visits.

Only tagged bc you were just there.

1 Like

Mex 1 Coastal Cantina is a good spot. Casual, but good food and margaritas. Atmosphere hits the spot for a low-key group.

3 Likes

Good to keep in back pocket. This isn’t a bucket list check off trip-just for “vibes and hangs”.

2 Likes

As someone else mentioned, Leon’s and the 3 BBQ places (Lewis, Rodney Scotts, & Hometeam) would be great picks. If I was staying in West Ashley for a bachelor party, I would still go somewhere downtown.
I’d probably prefer Lewis if you have a bunch of guys, You can grab drinks from the bar and wait in line. Reservations anywhere will be tough that weekend. Little Jack’s has great burgers. Melfi’s, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Chubby Fish, Darling Oyster and The Ordinary would be more slightly more formal, sit down options

3 Likes

West Ashley:
Glass Onion or Swig and Swine

James Island (I would recommend these places because you can go to them then go to Low Tide and Estuary before/after):
Kwei Fei
Wild Olive
Royal Tern

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s still there but Al Di La is really good Italian. It’s in Avondale which is a very happening spot. I used to live there for a few years and it was a blast.

2 Likes

I also second Wild Olive, Swig and Swine, and Glass Onion.

Can’t speak to the others.

1 Like

Howdy Neighbors. We of The Peachtree Collective (TPC TM) are having a little fun down in La Grange toward the end of March. Highly recommend this place if you haven’t been. We can take up to 100 so the more the merrier. Applying for NIT spots. Hope to see some of you guys.

1 Like

Not to dissuade anyone from going, but also to absolutely dissuade people from joining @apmiller, but 3/26 is the day of the Charleston Muni Cannons’ event.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/charleston-muni-3-26-22/66645

3 Likes

Ooof. Tough timing. See ya fellas in July!

2 Likes

Morning y’all, headed to Charleston the first week of March for an event and was going to try and play the Charleston Muni while I am there. What is the weather usually like in early in March?

Could be 45. Could be 80. Could get spring showers. Could be really windy since you’re on the water. More than likely mid-60s for temp.

Total craphshoot

4 Likes