Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

I don’t think any of the other 4 are anything to write home about but I feel old Osprey is the most fun round on the resort of the 4

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/the-duck-race-thread-2-monday-masters-practice-round-tickets-post-607/65295/608?u=lukeboatright

The powers of Dabo are messing with you.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Headed down from Greenville to the snowy tundra of Columbia to watch the Dawgs attempt to play basketball this afternoon. Any lunch recommendations in COLA?

Rush’s

5 Likes

Make sure to check around to ensure places are open. People are freaked out about the 4” we got.

Couple thoughts:

• Cantina 76 (Devine st location, not Main)
  • Hall’s apparently has a great lunch
  • Hometeam BBQ in Five Points
  • DiPrato’s

If you want to be near the arena your best options are:

• 1801 is solid (right across the street from CLA)
  • Hunter Gatherer (brewpub, it’s ok)
  • Thirsty Fellow (solid bar food)
1 Like

Perfect lunch spot. (Main is fine. For convenience)

2 Likes

You’re right, the foods fine on the Main St location, but the ambiance is better on Devine. If I’m not mistaken they have a fireplace???

1 Like

If you have some time I would definitely say home team like @Chippycut suggested.

I would also suggest Columbia Craft. Good beer and maybe they have a food truck.

2 Likes

Home Team BBQ would be my suggestion as well. But today is also a perfect day for some Ramen at Menkoi.

2 Likes

Thanks all!

1 Like

So where’d you land?

Ended up 1801 since location couldn’t be beaten!

Cantina, Hometeam, and halls are all favorites in Greenville - so fully sign off on those being great recommendations. Need to check out Hall’s for lunch though. I need to know what a steakhouse Hot dog entails.

3 Likes

Taking a trip to Myrtle Beach on a GolfTrek package. Staying at the legends, but we have one day to check out another course besides the 5 they offer. What are the locals recommendation for best course to check out? Budget really isnt a huge issue but under $150 preferably.

What are the five they offer?

How far you willing to drive?

I think this group has voted between Caledonia and True Blue before. I believe Caledonia won and is under your budget. Although with the Legends 5 courses I think Heritage (which I recommend playing as part of your package) is in there which is really close to those two. It is probably an hour drive from where you are staying. So it really depends on if you are willing to make that drive twice or not during your stay.

Tidewater is another really good course and in your price range but it is also about an hour away from where you are staying.

Closer to you I recommend Kings North.

I would second Heritage. One of my favorites down in that are.

1 Like