Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

I managed a road project up there and had to triple check to make sure he said vacation.

2 Likes

No yucking yums. Who doesn’t like vacationing in one light towns in the middle of nowhere SC?

No yakking hear. It’s a cool area of the state.

Yeah, never been to South Carolina. The in-laws booked a lake house there, so I am in!

2 Likes

Let me know if there are any other cool activities in the area other than the lake. The wife and kids would appreciate the info.

What lake are you on? Greenwood?

My In Laws had a House in Cross Hill on Lake Greenwood. Slow and easy living there. The Links at Stoney Point is just across the Hwy 72 bridge headed to Greenwood. Semi Private, Nice lay out.

2 Likes

Yeah Lake Greenwood! Haha good I think slow and easy living is what they were looking for.

Thanks for hosting @tres_carlos. Very fun round today at OCC. Praise be to Saint Rappeo for gracing us with a nice breeze as we slogged through the last few holes. I am still recovering from that behemoth 18th. Let’s do it again soon!

3 Likes

Got a Friday morning tee time at my place in Greenville. Let me know if anyone wants to join.

Mind if I ask which course is your place? I might be able to make it work.

2 Likes

He’s going to have to beg and beg his wife to go, @tigergolftraveler. So if he says he’s in, he really wants to come.

Holly Tree.

2 Likes

You guys are sleeping on Cross Hill and Lake Greenwood. This place is awesome!

4 Likes

To be fair I have not been to the lake Greenwood side of Cross Hill. I didn’t know it went over that far. I’ve only been on the opposite side of the interstate

1 Like

Anyone have any tips for golf in Hilton Head? Staying in Sea Pines in a couple weeks and while I knew Harbour Town would be expensive, I am blown away at how expensive Heron Point and Atlantic Dunes are as well. Looking for something more affordable, recommendations appreciated.

1 Like

Hilton Head National and Old South off property might be better

1 Like

National and Old South are definitely solid options. Some of my other favorites on the island that are a good bang for your buck are Golden Bear, Dolphin Head, and Bear Creek

Pretty good storms today. But a cool place. Greenwood has a great splash pad/kids area, and an excellent lego exhibit at the art museum right now. We also have a bangin pizza place called the mill house.

2 Likes

Heading to Charleston next spring from Kentucky (Mayish) with the family, my dad and I will sneak out 2/3 times hopefully to play. Looking for must play recommendations? Will drive some if needed will bring bourbon.