Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Pretty awesome plan but they’re going to have a lot of competition from Top Golf when it opens

Not sure how they’ll ever make the money back they’re planning to put into it but like you said, it could be awesome. Such a fun par 3 course to play.

1 Like

South Carolina Golfers! How is everyone doing. The Marshal here (giving voices to the linemen of the PGA Tour, aka The Marhshals). Live down by Hilton Head, SC. First time posting in the Refuge. Glad to be in the party.

4 Likes

Hey boys, another Columbia resident here but UVa grad. Don’t play nearly enough but probably around a 13. Glad to join the refuge

3 Likes

Welcome EZ where do play out of?

Typically Oak Hills or Northwoods with Cobblestone thrown in on the rare occassion.

2 year resident of Greenville here, usually stick to Furman and Verdae. Play to a 14. Anyone recommend any instructors in the area?

Todd Ellison at Southern Oaks is a good one in the Powdersville area

2 Likes

What’s up South Carolina golfers!

Just moved down to Bluffton, SC a couple months ago from Maryland. Have gotten out to a couple of the local courses since moving down (Eagle’s, Crescent, Old South) but looking forward to checking out more spots in the low country and around the state. If you are in the Beaufort, Bluffton, Hilton Head area and would like to meet up or need a 4th let me know!

Justin

2 Likes

Figured I’d hop on and introduce myself as well. Greenville resident playing off a 2 and trying to find some semblance of an iron game. Love a twilight round and tend to play somewhere that’s easy to walk (Furman, Crosswinds, etc). Happy to finally be getting involved on here!

1 Like

Has anyone made it over to Daufuskie Island to play Haig Point? I live in the Bluffton area and was wondering if it’s worth taking the ferry over for a day trip.

My fiance is from Columbia and my best friend is moving there next month. My (soon to be) father-in-law is a member at Woodcreek & Wildewood, and has taken me to play Woodcreek twice. How do those courses stack up with other private courses in Columbia? What public courses should we look at if we’re unable to play with him when I help my buddy move over there?

Was anyone aware that the “P” in Clemson is invisible?

1 Like

Hey guys! I’ll be visiting family next week in Waxhaw, NC and looking to book some morning rounds. Fort Mill, Edgewater, and Lancaster all seem to have times that’d work out.

Thoughts on these? Any other options within an hour of South Charlotte I should look at?

Anyone headed to Caledonia or True Blue soon? Meant to pick up pin flags for the office but totally blanked…

may be a little late but springfield is great. favorite course to play when I was in charlotte. fun course in good shape

1 Like

Not too late… May add this on Friday. Thanks for the rec!

Had a blast at Edgewater yesterday. First group out at 7am and played in 2h45m.enjoyed the layout and conditions were good.

Ended up playing Ballantyne today. It’s a perfectly adequate course geared toward corporate outings and nobody should shed any tears when it’s torn down in the coming years.

I’m playing Lancaster tomorrow morning and really looking forward to it.

As a Californian playing in NC/SC, I can’t get over that 7am was the first tee time of the day yesterday and my 7:32 today was first out as well… We start crack of dawn on the west coast as that’s valuable daylight that could/should be spent golfing. What’s the deal? Look, I love that I don’t have to get up as early, but from a business perspective it seems bananas.

2 Likes

I might. I’m on the north side of Myrtle for another 2 or 3 weeks. Not sure if we’re going to head down south or not, have to check the family/holiday plans. But I could definitely grab something for you if I do head down there.

2 Likes

Would be much appreciated but no worries if you can’t. Enjoy the family time!

1 Like

Lancaster GC on Wednesday morning was fantastic. Not too humid, fun and distinct nines, a great value at $39.

Just finished at Springfield had a good time. Definitely intended as a more upscale experience (and price tag). Good layout, but much wider and more forgiving off the tee than Edgewater. The condition of the course just doesn’t fit the green fee premium over the other courses I played this week.

On future trips, I will 100% book Edgewater and Lancaster again and then sprinkle in some of the other tracks in the area. Stonebridge, Monroe, and Rocky River are probably next in line.

1 Like