Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Thanks man!

Awesome. I’ve been to the Spur and enjoyed it. I’ll hit you up when it cools off.

Hey gang, jumping in here from Virginia! Headed down to N. Litchfield M-W next week. Anyone potentially interested in a round at Caledonia? I’m a 6.5 index (doesn’t travel very well!), happy to play with anyone relaxed and competent! My brother-in-law is a total beginner and I don’t want to drag him over there, spend $100 and lose 25 golf balls. Planning to get a $35 round over at Litchfield Country Club (I think that’s the name) with him.

1 Like

Dipping my toes in from the PNW roll call.

My girlfriend and I are strongly considering making the (long ass) drive to Charleston from Seattle in October to spend a month or two at her grandparent’s condo on Isle of Palms. WFH at my company was extended to January 8 but I suspect it’ll get pushed again. This would also make it easier to visit our families in Richmond and NY with our puppy.

Can anyone comment on the SC amateur golf scene in Oct / Nov? I imagine I’d have join the SCGA to gain access. I saw a few events on the SCGA website as well, so I’d guess it’s more active than Washington is in the fall rain :slight_smile: . I’d also need to do some research on where to play. I found the Wild Dunes courses fun, but they seemed overpriced and don’t know if they’ll open anytime soon.

2 Likes

Depending on age, the SCGA does a 40+ series with monthly events, typically at solid clubs. Looks like the mid am and net championship are oct/nov.

That’s prime golf season down here, so you may face some surge pricing around the resort areas.

Also, carolina is weird and has both the CGA and SCGA. CGA is both Carolinas, SCGA is just SC. I’ve been here five years and still don’t get it really…

2 Likes

Can’t give you any info on the golf scene, but will recommend the daily and second state for coffee in Charleston.

1 Like

You’re speaking my language.

@Chippycut: that’s good info. I’m not 40+, but I’ll take a look at the CGA as well.

they’re not bad but they don’t compare to what Seattle has to offer imo. no coffee here does, really.

Spending a week in IoP start 8/8 and playing Charleston National and Dunes West while I’m there. Will report back…

1 Like

Interesting. Grew up in Seattle but wasn’t a coffee snob or drinker back then. Feels like the whole local roaster scene has exploded nation wide in the last decade.

We’re definitely spoiled for choice in Seattle, but I’m sure there are some great spots in Charleston. Sadly I’ll have to leave my espresso machine here!

fer sure. that and microbrewing.

Dunes West aerating this upcoming week. I do like the course though, especially since they fixed the greens last year, which were borderline unplayable. full disclosure i live in the community.

price was right so we’ll have to deal with the aerated greens - should still be a good time. Wouldn’t be surprised if we find the same thing @ Charleston Nat’l

Rivertown did theirs last week maybe? Might be more recovered for similar price?

Checking in. New to the refuge. Live in Columbia, SC. Play out at Cobblestone Park mostly. Happy to play with anyone in the area.

3 Likes

Welcome @AlanMP. There’s a few Columbia folks around here. I’ll let them chime in.

New to the NLU community. Live in Murrells Inlet, SC. Not a member anywhere at the moment, but love to play and have an understanding wife so if anyone is in the area, let me know

myself, @LukeBoatright, @Chippycut are around for sure. Ther are several others from the Midlands that have chimed in here as well. I think @Churchie popped in here recently new.

We are a scattered group!

That’s awesome! Anybody/groups play together through the site? Lots a decent places to play down here. Always down to play with different people.