Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

I highly recommend this tournament to anyone who is able. I played in it 3-4 years ago and had a fantastic time, and I’m out there every year for work. It’s a great bargain, and the year I played we got some cool tee gifts - it’s more than worth $90. I’m biased, of course, but we’ve got some really cool folks who play in this every year.

1 Like

Anyone play Preserve at Verdae recently? My buddies are set on playing it when I visit next Friday on the 24th. Looks like they aerated July 6th thru 10th.

Paging @abefroman

2 Likes

Haven’t played it since they aerated. Playing this weekend, will report back.

1 Like

Godspeed. I cannot stand that course :joy:

4 Likes

Place looks like it’s going to eat my lunch. I think we’ll end up playing from the white tees which will keep my driver in the bag, but that’s probably a good thing.

1 Like

It’s just not a good course in my opinion. Have never liked the layout. But if you’ve got a good group, it will be fun.

4 Likes

They looked like they were aerated two weeks ago. Not too bouncy but you could tell they’d been punched. Should be fine by next weekend.

1 Like

Appreciate the update.

My buddy played Carolina Springs yesterday. Sounds like their greens are about a week away as well.

Out of towner here headed to Pawley’s second week of August. Excited to play True Blue BUT they will have punched the greens 8-9 days before :persevere: :persevere: :persevere:. I feel like I just play there anyway to see the course because I don’t know when I will be back but how bad are one week removed punched greens actually going to be?

A lot depends on the tines, natural rain and heat. Don’t worry about the third, so pray for rain and narrow tines versus the coring tines. Have you considered Caledonia instead? It’s right across the street, and another Strantz course. Very good course. If they’re 14-16 days out from aeration, you’d probably enjoy yourself more there, no?

1 Like

Caledonia is getting aerated the week I am there. It’s almost amazing how my timing works. I am planning on playing Heritage or Willbrook in its stead.

Drive up the road a bit to Tidewater?

Tidewater looks like it might an hour+ away from where I am staying. There is enough good golf for a couple of days in Pawley’s right?

Getting my footing in Columbia after being here for about 11 months. Thoughts on the best public walkable courses in town?

I like Pawleys Plantation too if you’re in the area. Another one - if you can get on it - is Wachesaw Plantation Club. TPC Myrtle Beach is on the south side and also a nice track. Tidewater would be a very long drive from Pawleys.

1 Like

@FUwolfpacker is out, but @tigergolftraveler, @CSquared07 and anyone else, still up for the Walker course on the 8th? I should be able to make a tee time this weekend.

If they can do single rider carts I’d be in. It’s not the most walkable and it will be hot probably. Just let me know.

Mid Carolina has been in tremendous shape the past year and my fat ass walks it pretty well.

Can not speak to their condition but walkability is not terrible

Spur at northwoods
Golden Hills

Once it cools down reach out and we can tee it up.

2 Likes

I’m up for the challenge. If I’m walking a single cart shouldn’t be an issue but I’ll check when I call.

1 Like