Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

No, I’m a couple miles up 17 closer to 41. You ever play in the GM’s game or Skins?

I haven’t but definitely want to. Our daughter was born recently, so unfortunately I haven’t played much. I walked our dog on 15 & 16 tonight and the course was drenched. Once daylight savings hits, I want to get out more in the late afternoons. I’d be happy to help with the meet up

Hello all, Boston-area Refugee here. My wife and I are heading down to Kiawah next week for a babymoon trip and I’m planning to play one of the non-Ocean resort courses (maybe Osprey?) on Friday (3/13). Probably a long shot, but would love to meet up if anyone is interested in joining — let me know!

Unfortunately I can’t make it, but my wife and I did a babymoon to Kiawah in January. I played Cougar Point while she went to the spa. We met in their new(extremely nice) clubhouse post-round, and then went to the Ryder Cup Bar at the Ocean Course for sunset. We stayed at the Sanctuary, which is great. Right before you get to the island, stop at Kinfolk for fried chicken. Enjoy!

We’re doing the exact same thing you guys did — staying at the Sanctuary, wife has a spa day booked while I’m going to play, etc. After a few awesome trips to HHI over the years, we’re excited to check out Kiawah.

What did you think of Cougar Point? It seems like the three non-Ocean courses are all pretty resort-y, but I’m otherwise having a hard time distinguishing between them. And thanks for the recommendation on Kinfolk — will definitely check that out!

I haven’t been down there in a while. But I’d say play Turtle. You get a couple holes on the ocean but yes the rest are all pretty resorty

1 Like

Nice, I am sure it will be a great break from the Boston winter. I’ve only played there and Ocean, so I can’t speak to the other courses. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on which non-Ocean they prefer. I definitely enjoyed Cougar- pretty standard resorty course with some nice views on the river. We got a great deal on a package. I think it was around $300 for the room, golf, and dinner. I wouldn’t be thrilled about dropping $200+ or whatever a round there normally costs. If I was coming from out of town, I would definitely consider just spending the extra money to play Ocean

1 Like

With you there, we have 3 with the youngest at ~4 months. My game is a bit rusty at the moment.

Cross posting this here

Awesome, we have a normal Saturday game but I play Sunday afternoon some as well.

1 Like

Hey Carolinas- we need one, maybe two tomorrow at 2:16 at Snee Farm CC.

Moved to Mt. Pleasant late last year (Dunes West) after spending 5 years around Orlando and the previous 30 in Jersey. Play to a 17 but also rusty from the 1 year old (and another on the way). Will probably lurk more than post but hoping for good #content

2 Likes

Welcome to MTP! We’re just around the corner from you near the Mellow Mushroom on 17. There’s a few more from MTP (a couple of us met up at Snee Farm a week or so ago) and a few from greater Charleston area as well. Don’t just lurk, it’s more fun if you get involved. The two of us who met up also have kids under 1 (as well as a couple older ones).

1 Like

Cool beans! In the olden times, I probably drove by there twice a day dropping the kid off at day care near Wando high.

Y’all (still getting used to saying that) members at Snee farm?

1 Like

Yep, myself and @hakimimj. There’s also the RACDG Carolinas chapter if you’re interested in meet-ups within the region.

It is good to see some fellow Charleston NLU fans on here. I’m definitely in for a round soon. If we can put together a Carolina meetup, I think we could get 4 groups at Snee

1 Like

Big lurker here, but also usually available for a round. Everyone still playing right now? Played Stono on Sunday and you wouldn’t have thought anything was going on. Other than the little pool noodles keeping your ball from going too deep in the cup.

1 Like

McCrazy here, from Greenwood! Love NLU. My intro to them was the Bohn/Lumpy episode last summer. Been devouring content ever since.

6 Likes

I’d drive just about anywhere today to play golf. I’m going stir crazy inside my 1 bedroom condo. I promise I’ll stay 6 feet away.

I haven’t checked this thread in a while but I have some time on my hands lately. Good to see a fellow Frat member on here and glad to see the Frat still lives. I have “Delta Frat” inside my ring!

1 Like