Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

They still do it, but with tourists instead of rats.

1 Like

Anyone local to Charleston interested in getting out for a round at the end of the month? I’m visiting with the family for a few days over spring break and could sneak away for a round March 30th or 31st. Was thinking about getting on Muni, but open to suggestions since it’s my first time visiting the area.

Unfortunately both YHC and CC of C are a no go this time around.

1 Like

Can’t join you in person this time. If you end up solo and walking I always show up at the Muni and take the first spot they let me pay for. Hang out at the first tee and they haven’t failed to get me going pretty quick. If it’s a tournament day or similar it may be impossible. When that happens it’s a sign from above to enjoy the practice chip and putt area which is damn good value at $0. Hope to link up in future - Tom

During those dates I’ll be out west skiing - but would have said yes. Next time you’re in town we can give it another go!

Just input my info on the @PalmettoGolfSociety sheets list. Live in Cola, but play anywhere from Cola to Santee to Charleston somewhat regularly. Hoping there is still room for the Cheraw event!

3 Likes

Did you sign up for the Cheraw event? I think we had a few spots. If not someone will inevitably bow out.

1 Like

Just did, waiting on the email to confirm. Looking forward to it

1 Like

Hey everyone, new to the refuge. I am working to get added to everything @PalmettoCannonCrew. I have added my info to the google sheet and joined the WhatsApp Group, is there anything else I need to do?

3 Likes

@ItWentLeft and @TheRealLikeMike Added both you guys to the @PalmettoGolfSociety roster so you should have access to our little section now where we detail events, goings on, etc.

3 Likes

Got a dilemma: Oak Hills or Northwood?

I would say Oak Hills. Probably in better condition and pace of play will likely be better as well.

1 Like

Ditto Oak Hills, esp. if recent rainfall as we have just seen. NW takes a bit to drain.

1 Like

Good call. Not sure when you are playing @papateeps but we’re supposed to get more rain today and then more on Saturday. Oak Hills (and every other course because nobody knows how to build a well draining course here) will be wet but not nearly as bad as Northwoods will be.

2 Likes

Next Monday. Will go with Oak Hills, appreciate it gents!

1 Like

Afternoon Gents. I’m new to the Nest and figured I’d reach out.

My name is Justin Thomas (hence the username, don’t want anyone to get their hopes up) and currently live in Charleston but moving to Greenville in twoish weeks. Currently a 9 handicap but working on lowering that. Always looking to get out and play, network and take down a few cold beers so if anyone is ever short a man or just want to get out, hit me up.

Also, as I go through this chat, what steps do I need to become part of the Crew? I saw posts on the google sheet, WhatsApp Group, etc but I’m missing it or just blind! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

5 Likes

You now are a member.

As for upstate, see @FireMarkFox @dclthomas @C_Avery2 @rramsbo @tigergolftraveler and countless others.

1 Like

Thank you @EZmiss!

Oh boy. I’m guessing I’ll have to use the, “ I’m Dustin, not Justin, Thomas” line all that more often now.

I’m a member at Three Pines in Woodruff so hit me up once you move up here and I’ll have you out.

Welcome

3 Likes

Hey All…Heading down to Folly Beach last weekend of April for my bachelor party and the only thing I’m in charge of is the golf. We have 12 guys and that are looking to play Thursday & Friday and I’d rather not ask everyone to shell out $200+ plus a round (looking at you Wild Dunes Links and every Kiawah course) as only half of the group are true sickos. Reached out to Muni and they we’re very accommodating so we have that locked in for Thursday afternoon, Stono Ferry has a Friday tournament and Charleston Nation is already full up. Any suggestions on next best options, bonus points for having a good setting to grab drinks afterwards.

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately our public CHS options aren’t great. I’d check out Patriot’s Point, Dunes West, then RiverTowne in that order. PP is more convenient coming from Folly(30 min). The other two are further(45-50 min) but nicer courses. Those 3 courses should all be around $100