Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Welcome! I moved down to Bluffton about a year ago from Maryland.

1 Like

Tourist Sauce - Carolinas is gonna be a ton of fun to watch. Will be the first time I’ve gotten to see the fellas play some tracks I’ve played before.

9 Likes

Took a trip up in October and played Tobacco, Dormie, #4, & Mid Pines. It was an incredible 2 days

2 Likes

Excited for this. Had a round at Secession delayed before a hurricane last years. Currently playing midpines and tobacco road in a month for the first time. Would be nice to watch the tobacco road one before going to get a feel for the lay of the land. I hear its wild.

2 Likes

The CGA has a one-day individual and a one-day fourball tournament at Tobacco Rd this year. Definitely plan on playing in one or both.

3 Likes

Checking in from Florence. I play anywhere I can from Charleston to Myrtle to Pinehurst and Columbia. Citadel 06’

1 Like

Gosh if you want to carpool from Greenville, or need a fourball partner, let me know! I haven’t gotten to play TR yet, but it’s definitely on my list

1 Like

Guis…

There has been some chat in the RACDG this week about calving off a separate Carolinas chapter rather than lumping you in with the Mid Atlantic / South East chapters. I thought I would run it through this group (and the NC one) to see what you thought. There are already a few of you in the RACDG Mid Atlantic and even the Florida SE one. But would more of you be inclined to get involved if we set up your own with events closer to home?

Ultimately the dream for the RACDG is enough people in every state to end up with one per state (more than one in some instances) but we’re taking baby steps first to see how we get there in the easiest way everyone can enjoy.

I should also say that as far as accessible public golf goes, you guys have it much better than anyone else, so I fully expect some fun shenanigans if you do go for it…

5 Likes

I played Tobacco Road in the middle of December - had a blast. Hope you enjoy it! Sorry to hear that you missed out on Secession though - would love to check that out.

im here for the NC/SC chapter

2 Likes

I’m very interested. I don’t have the time to coordinate everything but I’d love to participate if someone else has the time to put it together.

2 Likes

A captain has already stood up so you just need to add your name to the doc bd DM him to be included. :slight_smile:

I’m down for that. The individual tournament is on a Wednesday, July 22nd. I’m thinking about taking that Wed-Friday off work and doing the individual at Tobacco on Wednesday, staying up there a night to play #4 on Thursday and then playing Friday through Sunday back at Holly Tree for the Greenville County Amateur.

3 Likes

Taking up my course for the county huh? Lol, kidding. Glad we can host again this year.

Lol…yep! I’m looking forward to it. I didn’t play in it last time it was out there in 2015. Holly Tree is gonna have to try and use that home field advantage to get the Allison Cup back from Fox Run.

1 Like

We’ve got some players for sure. Not me though! I may spectate but I won’t be playing.

1 Like

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/top-5-hidden-gem-golf-courses-in-your-state/19873/73?u=tigergolftraveler

Hey guys, check this out and get involved.

I’m in

1 Like

Purely public courses I assume? You mentioned Mountain Park, but it’s private

Hey fellas, as the new Captain of the Carolinas chapter of the RACDG if you want to join the What’s App thread, DM me your phone number.

1 Like